Posted this in the main motherboard forum and got no responses and now I see I really should have posted it here. I would appreciate a helpful response. Thanks in advance.

Looking for your advice on which way to go. Here is the history.

I am looking to get a [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]new [COLOR=blue !important]motherboard[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] as I returned another vendor's X79 motherboard as I kept crashing to the BSOD. I also have a i7-3820 CPU that I kept so, unless I sell it, I will be staying with the x79 series. My primary interest is in gaming and avoiding obsolescence so I have narrowed my search to 2 ASRock products: the X79 extreme9 and the X79 Fatality [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Performance[/COLOR][/COLOR].

First, I have heard of issues around the included sound card for the extreme9. If i want to eventually have two video cards on that motherboard, can I do that and have a sound card there that will probably be something larger than the one they provide? Of course, that begs the question of whether the onboard sound in the Fatality is any better, so if any of you know please let me know.

As for the Fatality, I do understand that it cannot support all the RAM the extreme9 can but not sure I will go over 16 gigs anyway, so should I care about the upside difference?

Finally, my primary usage is gaming but I do use my PC for watching videos on the net if that helps in your advice. My final build should have an SDD drive, a regular hard drive, hopefully the GXT680 video card, a Corsair HD100 [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]CPU[/COLOR][/COLOR] cooler ...

As for the video card, will either motherboard board be fully PCI-E 3.0 out of the box with my CPU or will I need to wait for a bios upgrade?

I am receptive to your advising me to sell my CPU and go the Z77 [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]motherboards[/COLOR][/COLOR] way if that is the best thing you would recommend.