Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Z68 Professional Fatal1ty Board Keyboard Problems

Default Z68 Professional Fatal1ty Board Keyboard Problems

I am having problems with entering Bios with my keyboard(Das Professional) Newegg.com - Das Keyboard DASK3PROMS1 (855800001166) Black 104 Normal Keys USB Wired Standard Model S Professional Keyboard. If I plug it into USB 2.0 it won't post past the Bios, but when I plug the keyboard into the usb 3.0 it works after I load into windows but still cannot get into BIOS. Its really annoying since when I have to adjust BIOS i have to plug in a new keyboard, also I noticed longer load times when I have my DAS keyboard plugged in. The motherboard works fine with my old Microsoft Reculsa, BIOS version i P1.30. Is there any settings I should adjust in Bios to avoid this or do I just need a firmware update?
    Last edited by Modz; 04-04-2012 at 03:54 PM.

Default Re: Z68 Professional Fatal1ty Board Keyboard Problems

I forgot to post my system specs:
    CPU: I7 2600k
    Mobo: ASRock Z68 Professional Gen3 1.30 firmware
    Ram: 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
    GPU:MSI 460 1gb SLI
    SSD: Crucial M4 128gb
    HD: 2x 1tb WD black
    PSU: Seasonic X650 Gold
    Mouse: Logitcech G500
    Keyboard: Das Professional S

I was reading some people were having the same issues and that they upgraded to the L1.36 firmware, I am not sure that this firmware affects my keyboard thought. Since it seemed you guys only test "mainstream" keyboards. What my main concern is the longer boot times with my DAS and the inability to enter bios with it.
    Last edited by Modz; 04-05-2012 at 08:54 AM.

Customer Support?

Hmm that is weird. I don't know what to say. Maybe update the BIOs. I read the description on the BETA one or the new one saying something about keyboard not working fix. If that doesn't work then it just might be the MOBO not liking the keyboard =/. I have the wireless Logitech keyboard and it works fine in BIO. Just wanted to put that out since I didn't know wireless keyboards work in BIOs xD.

The Bios is up to date and all my other keyboards work. I tried my Microsoft Lycosa, Razr and old Logitech elite, all of them work to get into Bios except my Das keyboard. I am thinking they need to do some testing on there end with this keyboard and roll out the fix in a future Bios update.

Thread Information