Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: P67 Fatal1ty Performance

Angry P67 Fatal1ty Performance

Just wondering if anyone has tried 32GB of 2133/CL9 on this mobo. I've tried a set of GSkill F3-2133C9Q-32GXH and it's like the BIOS doesn't read the XMP correctly at all, all it was to do is give a debug code of 45, a couple of times and then will boot to the defauly of 1333...I have the latest BIOS, all the latest drivers, 2500K I've actually clocked down to 4.6. Had same problem with a set of 16GB 2133/CL9 though managed to get that going manually. It appears that the BIOS maxes the tRFC timings setting to 255, and none of the advanced timings are close to right when using XMP. Nothing wrong with the sticks of the XMP settings, works fine on other mobos lower rated sets are fine on the mobo 1866 (8 & 16GB) 2133 with high CL like 10-11 seem fine.

Default Re: P67 Fatal1ty Performance

Well no response from ASRock support since Wed, did however get them up and running by manually setting all the timings, base and advanced, what the mobo wanted to set was so far off i was almost funny. Have seen where this is the same problem many of their mobos have, especially with ANY 8 GB stick sets, from 8 all the way up through he 64 GB sets. Think they need to beef up both US and world support 2-3 days and no response from either is bad. Anyway, have them running strong, have a nice RAMDrive running for temp/cache files, stable enough that I pulled the Win 8 Developers Beta off another rig and am now running it here, in a VM based on Oracle Virtual Box. It looking good, but am dropping ASRock from my candidate list for a Z77 build, now down to Asus and Gigabyte

I have the same motherboard with a 2550K processor and a good aftermarket cooler. Looking for a simple 4.4 overclock with lower Vcor than that used by the auto OC preset (with latest BIOS). As an overclocking newbe I could use some advice. Use the 4.4 OC preset, then apply a voltage offset (say -.015)? I would like to keep all functionality such as sleep mode. Thanks in advance.

Yes you can leave the vCore at auto and w/ 4.4 that should be a good offset...there's other settings that can also be tweaked if interested, would need to know what sticks of DRAM you are using (model/amount)

Quote Originally Posted by TweakTownTom View Post
    I have the same motherboard with a 2550K processor and a good aftermarket cooler. Looking for a simple 4.4 overclock with lower Vcor than that used by the auto OC preset (with latest BIOS). As an overclocking newbe I could use some advice. Use the 4.4 OC preset, then apply a voltage offset (say -.015)? I would like to keep all functionality such as sleep mode. Thanks in advance.

Memory: 4Gx2|GSKILL F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR
    CPU: 2550K
    MB: P67 Fatal1ty Performance

System running great @ 4.2 using auto OC presets.
    Prime temps < 62C fully stable (can use sleep mode and suspend to ram). Memory @ 1600 on 1.5V 9-9-9-24

Most forums state that auto OC presets may use an excessive vCORE which creates unnecessary heat, and that the user should manually lower the voltage.

My assumptions: Auto OC presets may include setting which we can not adjust. If I knew what I was doing then I could run @ 4.4-4.6 with an ideal vCORE to keep the temps reasonable.

Has anyone done a manual overclock of this board, and if so, could you share your BIOS settings. I am reasonable happy with my setup but curious how others are running such great overclocks.

Dear all,

About this issue, please kindly update the latest BIOS L2.03 from below link to try.
    Link: http://download.asrock.com/P67PERF2.03.zip

Note: Due to BIOS L2.03 supports Ivy Bridge CPU, please kindly update the required drivers and utility from below link after updating this BIOS.
    Link: http://www.asrock.com/mb/beta.asp?Mo...67 Performance

If any question, please kindly contact me.
    Thank you!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily

Thread Information