Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Extreme7 Gen3 BIOS 2.03 Killed System!

Default Re: Extreme7 Gen3 BIOS 2.03 Killed System!

Disconnect your A/C from your power supply and move the clear CMOS jumper per the manual then remove all of your "sticks" except 1 in the appropriate slot then on powerup hit the clear CMOS button and then with the last known good working UEFI/BIOS on a USB stick enter the UEFI/BIOS immediately and try flashing it. If you succeeed in flashing backwards then hit the CMOS clear button and shut down and plug the rest of your RAM back in then obviously on powerup re-enter the UEFI/BIOS and set your XMP profile and whatever mods you had before save and exit and boot into windows. If that fails then most likely tour only choice will be to order a new CMOS chip (eprom) from Badflash.com

I am guessing that the reason this new UEFI/BIOS is so volatile as you already have to have the Ivy Bridge CPU installed before flashing to it. Since it would seem that this UEFI/BIOS was designed only for Ivy Bridge CPU's

"To support Intel's next generation 22nm CPU, corresponding BIOS, drivers, and AXTU update are required."

Please post back and let us know how you make out
    Last edited by SaphireX; 04-20-2012 at 08:06 PM.
    ASRock™ Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 Intel™ Core i7-2600K LGA1155 Corsair™ Hydro Series H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler (CWCH100)
    G.SKILL™ Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 Model F3-17000CL11Q-16GBXL (2) ASUS™ ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560 Ti in SLi
    OS Drive: Mushkin™ Chronos Deluxe 120 GB SATA 6.0 Gb/s SSD(MKNSSDCR120GB-DX) Storage: 2-Western Digital™ WD2002FAEX 2TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Hard Drives
    Optical: HP™ Multiformat DVD Writer SATA Model 1260i Plextor™ Blu-ray writer PX-LB950SA Viewsonic™ V3D245 3D LED display @120hz
    PC Power and Cooling™ Silencer Mk II 950W Inwin™ DRAGON RIDER case APC™ BR1500LCD UPS 1500VA w/AVR Win7™ Ultimate 64

Quote Originally Posted by SaphireX View Post
    I am guessing that the reason this new UEFI/BIOS is so volatile as you already have to have the Ivy Bridge CPU installed before flashing to it.
    Without flashing this new UEFI prior to installation of Ivy Bridge CPU the system wouldn't boot at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SaphireX View Post
    Since it would seem that this UEFI/BIOS was designed only for Ivy Bridge CPU's
    It's backward compatible with Sandy Bridge. It only adds Ivy Bridge support.

That's pretty standard Radier, I agree.

I'm working with Emily from ASRock. They are very helpful.

It's a new BIOS so it'll take a little time to work out issues, I just wish I noticed the part about "you can't flash back to the old bios" before I flashed it, ouch...

Be warned, if your ram isn't supported ASRock will start telling you to try memory tweaks, voltage, etc..

I'm not willing to do this, I like running everything stock speeds/voltages.

Looks like I'm going to have to hope ASRock fixes their BIOS or buy another motherboard.

Hopefully I can indeed flash back to 1.34, this memory is perfect, and have had rock solid system stability until now :(.

Nowhere in the "beta" UEFI/BIOS page that now is Synchronizing Web Servver" did it say that it was backwards compatiblle with Sandy Bridge So I would like to know where Radier is quoting from? - I find it hard to believe that with an Ivy Bridge CPU already installed that the system would not at the very least boot into the UEFI so you could flash to the Ivy Bridge UEFI?

Undermoose http://badflash.com/ can send you what UEFI/BIOS you want flashed CMOS chip far less than replacing the board...
    Last edited by SaphireX; 04-20-2012 at 09:49 PM.
    ASRock™ Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 Intel™ Core i7-2600K LGA1155 Corsair™ Hydro Series H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler (CWCH100)
    G.SKILL™ Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 Model F3-17000CL11Q-16GBXL (2) ASUS™ ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560 Ti in SLi
    OS Drive: Mushkin™ Chronos Deluxe 120 GB SATA 6.0 Gb/s SSD(MKNSSDCR120GB-DX) Storage: 2-Western Digital™ WD2002FAEX 2TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Hard Drives
    Optical: HP™ Multiformat DVD Writer SATA Model 1260i Plextor™ Blu-ray writer PX-LB950SA Viewsonic™ V3D245 3D LED display @120hz
    PC Power and Cooling™ Silencer Mk II 950W Inwin™ DRAGON RIDER case APC™ BR1500LCD UPS 1500VA w/AVR Win7™ Ultimate 64

SapphireX it's pretty standard stuff across all motherboards, newer bios for new CPUs add the support and are backwards compatible for all older supported CPUs.

Te badflash option isa good suggestion, but I'm hoping I can work around this in some way. I can in fact flash back to 1.34 but get a HECI error, whatever that is, so flashed back to 2.03 and limping along at slower mem speeds...
    Last edited by Undermoose; 04-20-2012 at 09:54 PM.

Everything work fine with this new beta Bios , graphics looking much better , and XMP work without problem with G Skill F3-17000CL9-2GBXL.

You can't say everything is working fine, it's working ok for your config.

Beware, if I had a problem, other people will too!

Unless its user error...

James22, not a very constructive reply, but you know that.

In my case, it's not user error. It's pretty hard to error when using default settings and built-in XMP profiles.

These exact settings worked flawlessly on earlier BIOS versions.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information