Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: BSOD problems with new ASRock computer

Prehistoricman is offline Junior Member

Default BSOD problems with new ASRock computer

I bought an ASRock motherboard and put it with a graphics cards, power supply, HDD and DVD drive myself. I can't see any problems with the wiring and all of the temperature sensors report under 40oC all the time except the CPU which gets to 54oC (at 100% usage).

I have eliminated the possible cause of it being the card because it still occurs when it is unplugged.

The blue screen normally happens much quicker if I overclock.

The blue screen isn't always blue, it varies. Sometimes grey, sometimes black, sometimes multi colour.

EDIT
    Forgot to say the error code was 124. I can get all of the error codes once the computer has rebooted again because it died.
    Last edited by Prehistoricman; 04-24-2012 at 12:32 AM. Reason: error code

Prehistoricman is offline Junior Member

Default Re: BSOD problems with new ASRock computer

I tried installing some drivers but I'm still getting blue screens and restarts.

I don't know why, but I think it might be the chipset causing the problem. Some sort of hunch.

Most possible cause of BSOD is memory. Please first load default settings in bios and then test your memory by a tool like memtest86+.

You can use a tool named Windows Boot Genius to fix the problem. Here are detailed steps:

Step 1: Create a BSoD Fixing CD/DVD/USB

Here you need to utilize a bootable computer to burn a bootable disk. Insert a CD/DVD into your driver or plug in a USB flash drive into the USB port. Then launch this program, and get the interface like below. This software will check the CD/DVD drive or USB drive automatically, and you just need to perform one click of your mouse: Click "Burn".

Step 2: Boot Your Computer from CD/DVD/USB

Then insert CD/DVD/USB into the unbootable computer, and set your CD drive as the first boot device in BIOS. Then your computer will restart automatically and access to the operating system which is burned in the boot disk.

Step 3: Fix the Problem

Then you will enter WinPE system, launch Windows Boot Genius. Go to "Windows Rescue" Option and select the solution based on the symptoms of your crashed computer. Each solution equips with a handful of Windows repairing tools that you can try one by one until your computer works normally.

Thread Information