Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2.10 bios update killed Z68 Extreme3 Gen3

JPP is offline Junior Member

Default Re: 2.10 bios update killed Z68 Extreme3 Gen3

The detailed instructions (including the instruction to keep the USB drive in place after first reboot) pop up on a web dialog box if you try to download the BIOS.

You even have to click OK (as in 'I read and understood the message') to proceed.
    Last edited by JPP; 05-18-2012 at 10:39 PM.

It doesn't read quite right if you look at it closely. How many times should the system reboot during a bios update these days?
    It would be helpful if Asrock provided up to date images of the new update procedure. Then everyone would be clear on exactly what procedure is required for a complete and successful update.

Quote Originally Posted by radier View Post
    Many users on polish forums have no issues just like me.
    One guy have same board and same CPU as me and yet he reports locked ratio and RAM frequency at 1333MHz.

I think all problems are users related (great example we have above) because I don't belive that mine P67 Extreme4 works like a charm and other identical board after flashing have some issues.

Judge it by yourself.

It is not user related. It is related to the B2 revision of the board. Asrock confirmed this the reason for this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by JPP View Post
    The detailed instructions (including the instruction to keep the USB drive in place after first reboot) pop up on a web dialog box if you try to download the BIOS.

You even have to click OK (as in 'I read and understood the message') to proceed.
    Not for me, when I click download all I get is IE9 dialog stating the download is happening and can view downloads, no further BIOS update information, so I don't see this notice anywhere.

That's really weird Undermoose, I use IE9 too and I get the popup.

2.10 bios update killed Z68 Extreme3 Gen3-biospopup-jpg

But I agree with what you are saying, Asrock could (and should) improve the instructions; I reckon it's one of the first times they have had to make a BIOS update with ME update included - I know it's the first time I have seen that.
    Last edited by JPP; 05-19-2012 at 08:19 AM.

I tested with Chrome and IE9 and no pop-up.

With Firefox and IE9 I have that pop up.

Using a POP UP that most folks either block by design or is dependent on a particular browser is just plain beyond the pale! ASRock should have spent a few seconds more in the text of the html on the download page to explain in details the process as well as an old style README text file in the compressed archive
    ASRock™ Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 Intel™ Core i7-2600K LGA1155 Corsair™ Hydro Series H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler (CWCH100)
    G.SKILL™ Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 Model F3-17000CL11Q-16GBXL (2) ASUS™ ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560 Ti in SLi
    OS Drive: Mushkin™ Chronos Deluxe 120 GB SATA 6.0 Gb/s SSD(MKNSSDCR120GB-DX) Storage: 2-Western Digital™ WD2002FAEX 2TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Hard Drives
    Optical: HP™ Multiformat DVD Writer SATA Model 1260i Plextor™ Blu-ray writer PX-LB950SA Viewsonic™ V3D245 3D LED display @120hz
    PC Power and Cooling™ Silencer Mk II 950W Inwin™ DRAGON RIDER case APC™ BR1500LCD UPS 1500VA w/AVR Win7™ Ultimate 64

Quote Originally Posted by SaphireX View Post
    Using a POP UP that most folks either block by design or is dependent on a particular browser is just plain beyond the pale! ASRock should have spent a few seconds more in the text of the html on the download page to explain in details the process as well as an old style README text file in the compressed archive
    I couldn't agree more!

Yup, that would have been a LOT better.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information