Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RAM isn't recognized correctly after bios update to 3.10 (Asrock p67 pro3)

Default Re: RAM isn't recognized correctly after bios update to 3.10 (Asrock p67 pro3)

when I try there is a new message, so this is probably not going to help the one that flashed the previous buggy version:
    RAM isn't recognized correctly after bios update to 3.10 (Asrock p67 pro3)-newbios-png

Default Re: RAM isn't recognized correctly after bios update to 3.10 (Asrock p67 pro3)

Quote Originally Posted by Kunst View Post

In the meantime, Im waiting for Emily to send me a "special bios" to
    my email so that I can go back to 1.90....whos knows it might
    solve the problem as well...
    I got that "specjal bios" yesterday, but no luck :( When i tried to use it from bios' 3.10 instant flash the file wasn't even visible, so i used afuwin to downgrade bios only to 2.00, then under new/old bios file was visible but when i tried to flash, only bios part got flashed not Intel ME :(

So no fix whatsoever?

Whats the point for me to re flash the bios then?

Quote Originally Posted by kudlaty View Post
    I got that "specjal bios" yesterday, but no luck :( When i tried to use it from bios' 3.10 instant flash the file wasn't even visible, so i used afuwin to downgrade bios only to 2.00, then under new/old bios file was visible but when i tried to flash, only bios part got flashed not Intel ME :(

Try it, You have different chipset stepping than me, and maybe you will be lucky.

Where can I find this special bios? I would not mind giving it ago.

Quote Originally Posted by kudlaty View Post
    Try it, You have different chipset stepping than me, and maybe you will be lucky.
    Could you upload the update somewhere so that we could try it?

YourMainMan & neurokirurgi please check your PM's.

Yeah, it's not visible in Instant Flash.

Tried this too, but the same thing happens..

Guess it's up to AsRock and Intel now.

There probably Intel MEBx is not being loaded, so changing ME firmware from Instant flash will never be possible.
    And why **** i have problems with my B3 mobo that seems only B2 users have? WTF!
    Lost hope now :(

So did they remove half of the posts in this topic, or is the forum just broken?

kudlaty, I got an e-mail notification about your latest post where you solved your issue. Could you please repost it?

EDIT: managed to fix the issue! Running 2.00I BIOS with all my RAM working! I will post the fix as soon as Kunst responds to this thread, after all, it was he who figured it out.
    EDIT2: make that a "sort of fixed". While all of my 8GB's of RAM get recognized, I still cannot overclock or change RAM frequency from 1333mhz to 1600mhz (which all of my RAM sticks support)..
    EDIT3: update to the situation, you CAN get your RAM working at 1600MHZ. However, you have to use the stock Turbo 4.2/4.4/4.6/4.8 profiles for overclocking the CPU. Raising the BLCK by even 0.1MHZ results in a triple boot loop (disabling Boot Guard DOESN'T HELP), and when you finally get into Windows, all setting are at default. I am now running the stock Turbo 4.2GHZ setting with my 1.65V 1600MHZ RAM running at 1.575V and 1600mhz, and my CPU running at a 42 multiplier. You can edit the voltages even with these settings applied. link
    I am going to test if it's possible to disable Spread Spectrum without causing the triple boot loop [EDIT: nope, not possible].

Summary: if you manage to revert from 3.10 to 2.00, your OC options are more limited than before the problem and increasing the BLCK clock is not possible.

But I'm still pleased that I got my RAM and 4.2GHZ OC back. :) I've got a really bad chip anyways (4.2G requires 1.32V, 4.8G requires 1.44), so I haven't really lost anything.
    Last edited by neurokirurgi; 06-03-2012 at 09:23 PM.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information