Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: RAM isn't recognized correctly after bios update to 3.10 (Asrock p67 pro3)

Default Re: RAM isn't recognized correctly after bios update to 3.10 (Asrock p67 pro3)

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post

Even if you did something in your BIOS to cause problems, resetting it with the jumper or clear button sets everything back to the default values.

I did read the thread, perhaps you should practice what you preach because you obviously did not read it. If you did then you would realize this is a problem which resetting the bios doesnt solve the issue.

If I sounded a little excited its because I AM considering the fact the new bios messes up your ability to overclock.

Default Re: RAM isn't recognized correctly after bios update to 3.10 (Asrock p67 pro3)

Quote Originally Posted by kudlaty View Post

Thanks buddy! I will try that.

Quote Originally Posted by DahlKen View Post
    You'll have to buy one from somewhere else as I have been trying to get in touch with Asrock and they don't seem to be doing any type of customer tech support at all. I know this is becoming a rampant problem and it seems as though they are trying to bury their heads while hiding from it instead of coming out and pulling the BIOS off the site and fixing the boards already broken by using them.

Thanks, I guess replacing the bios chip will be a last resort plan for me. Im gonna try a few things first and if they dont work then I will get a replacement. Thanks again for your help guys.

Uggghh! board seems dead this morning. Will no longer boot at all, clearing cmos doesnt help a bit and tried switching my ram around. Went ahead an ordered a Z77 board from the egg as I need my pc up and running asap.

Once I get my new board I will deal with asrock rma over this matter!

Alright submitted a ticket to asrock support, lets see what they say. If they will just send me a bios replacement chip I would be pleased because I can then fix the board and sell it which would offset some of the cost for my new board.

Asrock support got back to me and just as I figured they denied any issues with the latest 3.10 and 3.20 bios, they told me that those bios's do not support sandy bridge CPU's which is the reason that overclocking is broken. I know those bios's are for ivy bridge cpu's if you decide to upgrade but I figured the bios's would still be compatible with sandy bridge too right?

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

Never assume....always verify.
    I have a major problem with their bios download page, as they currently offer only one beta bios for Sandy Bridge.
    It's my understanding that you can't flash back using the earlier Sandy Bridge bios once you've flashed to the listed newest bios versions.
    Their bios download page should say in big bold text:
    This bios is ONLY for Ivy Bridge 3rd generation processors.

Send a PM to ASRock TSD - Emily, provide a link to your post and see if she can help.
    The only other option is to buy a pre-flashed bios chip that has the Sandy Bridge bios.
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Quote Originally Posted by profJim View Post
    The only other option is to buy a pre-flashed bios chip that has the Sandy Bridge bios.

Thanks man thats what I did yesterday, got one from ebay and its preflashed to the Sandy Bridge bios. I had originally ordered a new Z77 board but decided to reject the package and have it sent back to newegg.com.

The bios chip was only $16 bucks verses $109.99 for a new board and I still like the P67 Pro3 as its been a good board and still has life in it.

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

You're welcome, let us know how the new bios chip works out.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by profJim View Post
    Never assume....always verify.
    I have a major problem with their bios download page, as they currently offer only one beta bios for Sandy Bridge.
    It's my understanding that you can't flash back using the earlier Sandy Bridge bios once you've flashed to the listed newest bios versions.
    Their bios download page should say in big bold text:
    This bios is ONLY for Ivy Bridge 3rd generation processors.

Send a PM to ASRock TSD - Emily, provide a link to your post and see if she can help.
    I heartily agree, but it looks like no mother board manufacture is doing this. Owners see a new BIOS/UEFI and think it is better or improved, and jump right on it.

If the mobo manufactures think the IB compatible BIOS retain all the SB functionality, they are wrong. But how could they not know that? They all seem to not want to maintain two versions of a BIOS/UEFI, which would be unusual but if necessary, it should be done.

Can't these manufactures see the grief they are causing their customers and themselves?! I don't get it...

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information