Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: A55M-VS boot problem (Sorry I first posted this in the incompatabilities forum)

Default A55M-VS boot problem (Sorry I first posted this in the incompatabilities forum)

Hi Folks,

I am new to this forum and would say that I am by no means expert at this level.

I have a new Pc with a A55M-HVS mobo, a 500GB Sata hdd as boot option one. Now here's the rub, sometimes it boots W7 Pro 64 bit perfectly. 80% of the time however, it does not. I get the blue bios option pg then it goes black with a flashing minus sign in the top left hand corner of the screen. I then press reset, select F11 on the options screen, select SATA HDD and it boots perfectly. I also note than when in the bios setup the mouse takes a long time to function and is very clunky.

I guess I have a conflict somewhere but have no idea how to find out. I have updated the bios from 1.0 to 1.20 using the gui interface. it made no difference. Any Ideas.

Kirton

Smile Re: A55M-VS boot problem (Sorry I first posted this in the incompatabilities forum)

Fixed it. It was a conflict with a USB connection to an Eaton UPS.

Thread Information