Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Need Help Updating BIOS

Default Need Help Updating BIOS

I have a P67 Extreme4 Gen3. I recently replaced my keyboard with a Corsair K60 and can no longer get into the BIOS setup. Corsair told me to update the BIOS which I tried to do but the instructions are all Greek to me. I unzipped the download but it doesn't seem to match anything in the instructions. I am completely lost. I have never updated BIOS before and really would rather not as this one thing is the only wrong with my otherwise stable system.

Can someone step me through it or provide any help?

Thanks.

Oh yeah, I am using Win7 64bit.

WilliamM2 is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Need Help Updating BIOS

The update is done within windows, you just launch the executable, as the instructions state.

That said, I highly doubt a bios update will fix that issue, and when you flash the bios, it will reset all your settings. What if you can't get into the setup then? Do you have a keyboard that does allow you to get into the bios? I would use that to go in and make sure all your USB settings are enabled. I would also make sure the new keyboard is not plugged into a USB3 port, or that USB3 legacy support is enabled.

I suggest you contact Emily of Asrock to see whether there is a fix/bios version, since the updated BIOS for P67 Ext4 gen3 available from ASROCK web is 2.10 which includes update for Ivy Bridge and you could not revert to 1.xx version later. It appears that some users reported problems for 2.xx version for Ivy Bridge updates.

I got it updated and it did fix the issue. I haven't had other issues. I cleared the CMOS with the button, the one I completely forgot about, then the exe ran without a problem. I was on 1.1 so I guess it was old. It works fine now.

Thanks for the responses though.
    Last edited by Paulsim; 06-03-2012 at 09:35 PM. Reason: misspelling

Thread Information