Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Bios Update

madmikie70 is offline Junior Member

Default Bios Update

I have an 890FX Deluxe 5 with Bios P1.20 and an amd 1100T processor. I was thinking about upgrading to an FX 8150 I would need to update the bios to P1.50, can I go ahead and update the bios to P1.50 and still run my 1100t OK ubtil I get my FX 8150 in?

WilliamM2 is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Bios Update

Yes, newer versions support the old chips as well. I wouldn't bother with 1.50 though, just go for the latest 1.90, which has other updates besides just new cpu support. Like USB port updates.

The reason I suggested Bios Version P1.50 is because that is the latest one that thw 890FX D5 takes. The last time I upgraded to a bios that was not on the motherboard list it blanked the motherboard, wouldn't boot and I had to send it back and they reflashed it fore me with the proper Bios. Cost me shipping. Rather not mess up again.

Thanks so much P1.90 worked fine everything is good to go for my FX chip and my 1100T runs better than it did before.

Thread Information