Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Trouble with fanless booting of AD2700-ITX, rebooting, halt




  1. #1
    Guilala is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Brussels
    Posts
    1

    Unhappy Trouble with fanless booting of AD2700-ITX, rebooting, halt

    I can't properly boot, reboot, halt AD2700-ITX with corsair CX430 eup ready power supply.

    - Doesn't want to boot at all without fans. Power button activates power supply, everything shuts off after 1 second.

    - Boots difficult when chassis and cpu fans are connected. Power button activates power supply, half of the time the mb stays on, otherwise power supply stays on, fans, disk and everything keep running, but no vga, no OS booting.

    - Software reboots and halts make mb shut down, fans spin at minimum speed, but no power halt, reboot occurs, the mb hangs in this state.

    - In all cases, in order to boot again, power supply has to be manually switched off till power drops from MB usb ports. Flashing and new bios doesn't change anything. I got a second AD2700-ITX MB; same trouble.

    - Once a boot works though, the MB functions perfect.

    Q1: What goos wrong here?
    Q2: This MB is designed to be fanless, so why does it's bios only boot with at least the chassis fan connected?!
    Q3: The newest bios is still the initial P1.00. Are there bios upgrades in the make for this MB, or is there no interrest for that?

    Thanks for answer...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    97

    Default Re: Trouble with fanless booting of AD2700-ITX, rebooting, halt

    Try going into BIOS and under ACPI settings disable the USB power on stuff..worked for me, my cardreader or mouse probably isn't correctly detected by the BIOS..

  3. #3
    parsec's Avatar
    parsec is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Third stone from the sun
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: Trouble with fanless booting of AD2700-ITX, rebooting, halt

    Quote Originally Posted by Guilala View Post
    I can't properly boot, reboot, halt AD2700-ITX with corsair CX430 eup ready power supply.

    - Doesn't want to boot at all without fans. Power button activates power supply, everything shuts off after 1 second.

    - Boots difficult when chassis and cpu fans are connected. Power button activates power supply, half of the time the mb stays on, otherwise power supply stays on, fans, disk and everything keep running, but no vga, no OS booting.

    - Software reboots and halts make mb shut down, fans spin at minimum speed, but no power halt, reboot occurs, the mb hangs in this state.

    - In all cases, in order to boot again, power supply has to be manually switched off till power drops from MB usb ports. Flashing and new bios doesn't change anything. I got a second AD2700-ITX MB; same trouble.

    - Once a boot works though, the MB functions perfect.

    Q1: What goos wrong here?
    Q2: This MB is designed to be fanless, so why does it's bios only boot with at least the chassis fan connected?!
    Q3: The newest bios is still the initial P1.00. Are there bios upgrades in the make for this MB, or is there no interrest for that?

    Thanks for answer...
    The ASRock site shows four BIOS versions beyond the initial 1.00 version: ASRock > AD2700-ITX

    What is the CPU temperature when in the BIOS, and when booted to Windows? Are they different?

    Do you think the power supply is working correctly? It should have enough power for this board.

    Besides temperatures, what difference would having fans connected to the board be? Can you disconnect the fans once the PC has booted, and the PC is fine?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,675

    Default Re: Trouble with fanless booting of AD2700-ITX, rebooting, halt

    Quote Originally Posted by Guilala View Post
    Q3: The newest bios is still the initial P1.00. Are there bios upgrades in the make for this MB, or is there no interrest for that?
    Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    The ASRock site shows four BIOS versions beyond the initial 1.00 version: ASRock > AD2700-ITX
    That might have been the latest BIOS, P1.00, when the OP, Guilala, originally posted it on 06/07/2012.

    Hi ho the merry oh a thread digging we shall go.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

    #2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

    #3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

  5. #5
    parsec's Avatar
    parsec is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Third stone from the sun
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: Trouble with fanless booting of AD2700-ITX, rebooting, halt

    Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    That might have been the latest BIOS, P1.00, when the OP, Guilala, originally posted it on 06/07/2012.

    Hi ho the merry oh a thread digging we shall go.
    Man, am I bored or what... Doh!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •