Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 - can no longer adjust multiplier (IB 3750k)

ryfoo is offline Junior Member

Default Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 - can no longer adjust multiplier (IB 3750k)

Been overclocking my Ivy Bridge for the last few days slowly increasing multiplier and adjusting offset voltage, testing and tweaking. Cooling with water i got it to 4.7 and it seemed pretty stable, temps under load not getting above 80oc.

Then it crashed, now I can boot and everything seems fine but i can't manually adjust the multiplier beyond 36, and even if i choose some of the preset overclocks all cpu-z sees is a 36x100 under load.

Am I missing something, or is something not working properly any more? Bios is 1.7 (latest). I have reset the UEFI to defaults, I cleared CMOS both with button and using the mobo jumper, and have removed the battery. Speedstep and turbo are enabled. If I enable Turbo 30 mode (different to normal turbo mode) I can select some default overclock speeds up to 4.6ghz. Whichever of those I select it still shows a 36 multiplier under load.

Default Re: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 - can no longer adjust multiplier (IB 3750k)

What is your config?
    Intel has released bugged v.8 me firmware, and you may be one of the victims.

Quote Originally Posted by kudlaty View Post
    What is your config?
    Intel has released bugged v.8 me firmware, and you may be one of the victims.
    I have an Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 motherboard, the intel 3570k CPU, not sure what info you need. I am running the Intel Control Center, which does have a sub appliction of Intel ME FW Recovery agent.

1.What RAM do you have?
    2.Do you have SLI or crossfire?
    3 Can u use integrated GPU? (connect your monitor to DVI/HDMI of integrated GPU and try)

Ram is Mushkin 996776 - 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800 9-9-9-24 Blackline
    I am running single GPU, not SLI or Crossfire.
    I do not seem to be able to use IGPU, I just plugged it in and used default UEFI settings but it didn't work.

Well, can you borrow somewhere additional 2xDDR3 and try if all 4 memory slots are recognized in bios? See my problems with intel me v8.
    Not recognizig integrated GPU is possibly one of the issuses.
    If its really ME problem you can wait until new unbugged version will be released and come with new bios or replace your motheboard under RMA. You can also try other bioses.
    Contact with ASRock support first: support@asrockamerica.com, support@asrock.nl or ASRock > Support Request Form

Quote Originally Posted by kudlaty View Post
    Well, can you borrow somewhere additional 2xDDR3 and try if all 4 memory slots are recognized in bios? See my problems with intel me v8.
    Not recognizig integrated GPU is possibly one of the issuses.
    If its really ME problem you can wait until new unbugged version will be released and come with new bios or replace your motheboard under RMA. You can also try other bioses.
    Contact with ASRock support first: support@asrockamerica.com, support@asrock.nl or ASRock > Support Request Form
    Thanks Kudlaty. I have another set of RAM so i'll try it tonight. I've also read through your other thread, and it seems that your problem was fixed through a new BIOS chip. I've contacted Asrock support so i'll wait to hear back from them. I appreciate you responding as it was driving me nuts having no idea what the problem was.

Thread Information