Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Asrock Z77 Pro3 and Sapphire HD 7850 OC PCI-E 3.0 slot problem - no signal/output

Zoky is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Asrock Z77 Pro3 and Sapphire HD 7850 OC PCI-E 3.0 slot problem - no signal/output

I have also the same problem with my Z77 pro3 and now is running at gen1 tested with a lot of benchmark tools and i must say my 7870 OC have the score as a basic 7870 aprox. which is not too bad but still i paid for a OC version.
    Mailed to TSD Emily and still waiting for reply but i can see they included option Gen2 and Gen3 in many other motherboards as Z77, Z68, Z77 Pro 4 so it will eventually come as a BIOS update for this motherboard i guess.

Kerdh is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Asrock Z77 Pro3 and Sapphire HD 7850 OC PCI-E 3.0 slot problem - no signal/output

Hello guys. I'm in trouble too.

I have
    • ASRock Z77 Extreme 3
    • i5 3570k
    • 8gb ram
    • Sapphire Radeon 7870 2go

and games and benchmarks are very, very bad.

BUT.
    Only on the PCIE2.
    On the PCIE3 which is the same (PCI-E 3.0 16x) I have less problems :
    • the benchmarks are good (77 FPS with Furmark, 7200 with 3Dmark2011)
    • but in real games it's very different. Impossible to play with options on top. And I speak about games like Borderlands 2 and Divinity 2 Developper's Cut.

My "old" card, a nVidia GTX 560ti, works fine. In fact, I have better results in games than with the 7870. I play with my games on top in video options, that is impossible with the Radeon and the ASRock.

I bought the motherboard on Amazon and I ever ask for changing it with the same model, I thought PCI-E was damaged.
    Well, same results with the new Extreme 3. Suck with ATI, rock with nVidia.

So I flashed the BIOS to 1.20.
    On PCIE2 (where it sux at all): no difference on PCI-E, Gen1, Gen2, Gen3.
    On PCIE3, same. But as I said the card works better in game with this port.

So I'm totaly lost now.
    The best: the website where I bought the 7870, replace it only if they can reproduce the problem. But it seems that is only with the ASRock and this Z77 family.
    So if I send them back the card, they obviously will find nothing, they will not change it and I will pay for that -_-

Any idea, someone?
    I will MP Emily too, but if someone here have an idea...

I have sent a letter to my GPU VTX3d customer support and this is their answer:

This is caused by MB BIOS can not support it. I know MSI revised BIOS to fix this kind of issue; there is nothing we can do in VGA BIOS. So please contact your MB manufacturer and tell them you have this kind of issue there and ask them for a MB BIOS update.
    Since you already contact ASRock, please wait for their responds. Thanks.

Best Regards,
    VTX Support

Smile Re: Asrock Z77 Pro3 and Sapphire HD 7850 OC PCI-E 3.0 slot problem - no signal/output

Today i received a new 1.80 update for BIOS and everything is working great, thank you Asrock

twiek is offline Junior Member

Hi there,

i have the same Problem just with other components:

ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP with Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950 900MHz.

Works fine with PCI2 Link Speed set to Gen1 or just with the other PCIE Slot on the mainboard (PCIE 2.0). But it don't work with PCIE 3.0 Slot an PCI2 Link Speed at "auto".

However i'm glad to read that there was a BIOS update for you guys, and i hope there will be soon an update for my board, too!

SuperMoncho is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zoky View Post
    Today i received a new 1.80 update for BIOS and everything is working great, thank you Asrock
    Were you able to confirm that you are running at Gen 3 speeds with GPU-Z??

The Z77 Ext4 also got a new BIOS today but I did not work form me. Very similar problem.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMoncho View Post
    Were you able to confirm that you are running at Gen 3 speeds with GPU-Z??

The Z77 Ext4 also got a new BIOS today but I did not work form me. Very similar problem.
    Fixed black screen issue at BIOS PCIE auto seting it used to work only set to gen1 that was only option back then, but i tried in gpu-z now and it shows at first 1.1 x16 but at render test goes up to 2.0 x 16 still not going to 3.0 x 16 but there is now a option to set in BIOS to Gen2 and Gen3 unlike previous 1.60 update but didnt try yet to set to Gen3, still im satisfied beacuse my benchmark are at average level as other 7870 cards and by reading many forums and tests differance between 2.0 and 3.0 is around 1-2% and all AMD MBO s still use 2.0 x16, tested with Far Cry 3 at max. settings 1920 x 1080 and everything is working smoothly.

try setting to gen3 in the bios,its 99% a mb bios compatibility issue imo,those cards work fine in gen3 mode,its just the board thats limiting you so pull your finger out asrock!!
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boran_blok is offline Junior Member

well, add me to the list of people having issues:

I have:
    MB:ASRock H77 Pro4-M iH77
    CPU: Intel i5 3470
    GPU: Sapphire PCI-e Radeon HD7850 2GB 2xDVI/HDMI/DP

Current BIOS: 1.6 (2012-11-05)

This motherboard only has one 16x PCI-E slot (the second 16x wide has only 4x connectors at PCI-E 2 speed)
    Right now I have to force this slot to run at GEN1 speed because otherwise my card does not get detected when doing a cold boot.
    After waiting a bit it does detect it in auto mode.

So the same issue like everyone else really.

The latest beta BIOS (L1.51A) is older (2012-09-28) than the latest release bios so that wont be a solution either.

I would be happy to run the card at PCI-E 2 speeds (of which I am almost certain it will work) however the bios does not let me choose this,
    I would be nice if I got this possibility for this motherboard.

synack is offline Member

Well... we have some saying MB/BIOS issue and others saying a video card issue. Seems to be predominately sapphire video cards. There is another user on here whom RMA'd his sapphire video card and it fixed the issue.
    Since noone has come out and said what the actual technical problem is, we can just keep guessing.
    I would try and RMA your video card for this problem and please report back your results. it would be good to know what the issue is, or at least eliminate one or the other.

Fwiw, I have the z77 OC Formula with an nvidia GTX 680 running in Gen 3 without any problems what-so-ever from day one.

Syn

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information