Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: G41M-VS3 with two HDD's will not boot

anvo is offline Junior Member

Default G41M-VS3 with two HDD's will not boot

Hi all!
    I purchased a G41M-VS3 R2.0 mainboard on which I installed two hard disk drives: WD5000AAVS and WD10EAVS. The former has Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 32bit and the later Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64bit. The problem is, the computer does not boot, no matter the HDD combination. I've tried connecting all two HDD's to all and any SATA port of the mainboard, with no effect! I also try to boot the PC making some changes to BIOS concerning "Storage" and "Boot", with no effect, too!
    32bit and 64bit Windows 7 were installed onto these HDD's using my previous ASROCK mainboard, 4CoreDual-SATA2 R2.0 but as for 64bit Windows 7, I was only able to install it, not run it! So, both mainboards do not boot the Windows 7 64bit HDD, and only 4CoreDual-SATE2 boots the Windows 7 32bit HDD!
    Additionally, both HDD's are recognized by the two mainboards, though my main concern is the G41M-VS3 one...
    Can anybody tell what's going on here and no HDD boots with the G41M-VS3 installed...?

Thanx,
    George

CRRacer is offline Junior Member

Default Re: G41M-VS3 with two HDD's will not boot

When you previously installed the OS on each hard drive, when connected to the other motherboard, were you installing using only one hard drive at a time, or were both hard drives installed at the same time for each OS that you then installed on them?

anvo is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRRacer View Post
    When you previously installed the OS on each hard drive, when connected to the other motherboard, were you installing using only one hard drive at a time, or were both hard drives installed at the same time for each OS that you then installed on them?
    CRRacer, thank you for your reply!
    I cannot recall right now, but since my intention was to have both HDD's in operation (in order to make some transfers later, when the fresh installation of 64bit Windows 7 was ready...), I think I maybe installed the 64bit OS having the 32bit OS hard disk drive already connected to the G41M-VS3 mainboard... But what difference does it make, wether I installed each OS having connected the coresponding HDD alone on the mainboard or both HDD's were attached to the mainboard during all installations of OS's...? I suppose the situation is simple: two hard disk drives are to be connected to SATA ports of a mainboard, the boot sequence choosen later and after the installation of the second OS. I don't see what I did miss here...? I have done it handrends of times before, with different mainboards, HDD's, CPU's and OS's, of cource...!!!

Thanx,
    Goerge

CRRacer is offline Junior Member

It may be nothing, was just thinking back in the day of MS DOS, even with drives configured slave/master, had the OS been installed on each drive without the other being attached, then both drives installed, system would'nt boot correct as both drives contained MBR and were active. Probably nothing to do with your issue since generally within todays BIOS you can simply select which hard drive is being booted from and no master/slave issue to contend with.

If both drives were in at time of OS install to each drive, only one drive would contain the MBR, allowing dual boot. However, if the OS was installed on each drive independant of the other, then both drives contain an active MBR.

Like I say, this might not even be relavent today.

Thread Information