Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Z77 Extreme 6 pre sales question about using multiple VGA outputs and GPUs

Default Z77 Extreme 6 pre sales question about using multiple VGA outputs and GPUs

Hi there

In your manual it says:

"You can choose to use two of the four monitors only. D-Sub, DVI-D, HDMI and DisplayPort monitors cannot be enabled at the same time. Besides, with the DVI-to-HDMI adapter, the DVI-D port can support the same features as the HDMI port."

Q1: If I have an Ivy Bridge CPU and a discrete GPU installed and I use the graphics integration feature, can I run a third monitor from the GPU? Or for that matter a fourth?
    Q2: Or can I run two monitors from the discrete GPU and one direct from the motherboard?

I will have a multiboot setup - one XP Pro 32bit and one Win7 Pro 64bit OS. I currently have a older dual head GPU (using 1 x DVI and 1 x D-SUB analogue connection to two monitors) but I am thinking about getting a Powercolour HD6850 SCS3 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E HDMI Eyefinity card which has DL-DVI-I/SL-DVI-D/HDMI/Display Port connections, and a third monitor.

Just trying to work out what my options are for getting three monitors running?

Any advice appreciated, thanks

Default Re: Z77 Extreme 6 pre sales question about using multiple VGA outputs and GPUs

OK - I found the info later in the manual!

Thread Information