Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Driver not working?

Default Driver not working?

I reloaded XP Pro SP3 on this generic machine for a friend of mine and I am trying to get the missing audio and video drivers, looking at the Device Instance ID I am seeing ven_1039&dev_7012 so I typed vendor 1039 dev 7012 in google which lead me to

ASRock > Products > Motherboard > K7S41GX > Download

I downloaded both drivers, the video works but the audio doesn't and has a yellow ! icon next to the downloaded driver which shows as C-Media AC97 Audio device, help please?

Default Re: Driver not working?

Maybe the settings in the bios have changed. Try uninstalling the audio driver and let windows find missing drivers. I found a handy tool is to download driver magician, it will scan for free but if you want to download it suggest you pay. I got myself a million driver cd and that picks up alot of missing drivers especially xp the audio may function when run. Go into the volume control or the little speaker may need to right click and fiddle around making sure the volume isn't muted and making sure that the correct speakers are selected. Unplug speakers and plug back in. Give these ago.

Thread Information