Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: SSD disappear issue after Z68M-ITX/HT new v2.3 BIOS upgraded

ellis_lin is offline Junior Member

Unhappy SSD disappear issue after Z68M-ITX/HT new v2.3 BIOS upgraded

Recently, I upgraded Z68M-ITX/HT new v2.3 BIOS from v1.2. The system seem happen very unstable and frozen after power on few hours.
    After detail step by step observation, I found the system frozen was due to SSD HD disappear from system suddendly. The SSD HD disapperence will catch by BIOS after re-power on. I think SSD HD shouldn't has any problem because I had tried two SSD HDs and got same issue. Now, I use external eSATA HD for system boot and didn't connect any HD in motherboard. System is very stable and no frozen issue. Have anybody get same issue with me? what's wrong for new BIOS?
    PS: my system is Win7 x64, SSD HD is crucial M4 64GB, connect SATA3 plug in motherboard. I have try to downgrade BIOS to original v1.2 version but system will appear some message "v2.x FW not found.." while power on and still got frozen issue after few hours.

Default Re: SSD disappear issue after Z68M-ITX/HT new v2.3 BIOS upgraded

If you are running a Sandy Bridge CPU and updated your BIOS to the newer BIOS for Ivy Bridge then you cannot flash a downgrade and your only option would be to replace the CMOS chip. You could try a FULL CMOS reset by following the steps in your manual to remove the CMOS battery and move the jumper switch but if that does not work then it sounds like your only option will be to replace the CMOS chip...
    Good Luck
    SaphireX
    ASRock™ Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 Intel™ Core i7-2600K LGA1155 Corsair™ Hydro Series H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler (CWCH100)
    G.SKILL™ Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 Model F3-17000CL11Q-16GBXL (2) ASUS™ ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560 Ti in SLi
    OS Drive: Mushkin™ Chronos Deluxe 120 GB SATA 6.0 Gb/s SSD(MKNSSDCR120GB-DX) Storage: 2-Western Digital™ WD2002FAEX 2TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Hard Drives
    Optical: HP™ Multiformat DVD Writer SATA Model 1260i Plextor™ Blu-ray writer PX-LB950SA Viewsonic™ V3D245 3D LED display @120hz
    PC Power and Cooling™ Silencer Mk II 950W Inwin™ DRAGON RIDER case APC™ BR1500LCD UPS 1500VA w/AVR Win7™ Ultimate 64

Quote Originally Posted by SaphireX View Post
    If you are running a Sandy Bridge CPU and updated your BIOS to the newer BIOS for Ivy Bridge then you cannot flash a downgrade and your only option would be to replace the CMOS chip. You could try a FULL CMOS reset by following the steps in your manual to remove the CMOS battery and move the jumper switch but if that does not work then it sounds like your only option will be to replace the CMOS chip...
    Good Luck
    SaphireX
    thanks for suggestion. I may try it but I am careful if it's issue and possible solution for new BIOS version. I am planning to use tranditional HD for clarification if issue on SSD HD only.

Quote Originally Posted by ellis_lin View Post
    thanks for suggestion. I may try it but I am careful if it's issue and possible solution for new BIOS version. I am planning to use tranditional HD for clarification if issue on SSD HD only.
    update new finding and issue was fix.
    1. tranditional HD didn't get HD disappear issue. It result from the compatiable issue between new BIOS and SSD HD.
    2. This issue was fix after I upgraded M4 SSD firmware version from 009 to 00F.

Thread Information