Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Asrock z77 extreme4. Bios flash failure.

Paul_Mac is offline Junior Member

Smile Re: Asrock z77 extreme4. Bios flash failure.

Quote Originally Posted by CRRacer View Post
    Paul_Mac, I've had various issues with 12.4 Catalyst with my ASRock A55M-HSV and the A8-3870K. I've got the best performance with the catalyst drivers install from the DVD that came with the board. I'm the type to want to stay current on drivers so I updated from the DVD drivers to 12.4, had some issues with the catalyst program itself and done a little digging and found the beta. Installed it, it was worse for me. So... I uninstalled and reinstalled the original version that came with my motherboard. I don't recall what that version was and I'm not at that PC to find at but will be sometime this weekend.
    Thanks for the thought.
    I just now installed their beta 12.6 Catalyst and more importantly, I suspect, updated the VGA driver available from ASRock downloads, went to only a DVI cable and now have a HD7770C being recognised. It seems to be working but not as the main source.

I still can only boot with the UEFI set to onboard graphics but I'm working on that.

It seems the blue screen was actually the drivers locking on to a non existent second screen, not happening now...so far.

Haven't had the problems with flashing that the OP and others have had, all of that went very smoothly.

Cheers,
    Mac

Default Re: Asrock z77 extreme4. Bios flash failure.

Tacho56,
    I'm still running Bios ver 1.80 and seemed to have overcome the driver clashes which plagued my Gig. HD7770C by using Driver Cleaner then reinstalling Catalyst 12.4.

The video driver may not be what you need but I just wanted to tell you that Bios Ver 1.80 that your chip is coming with seems pretty stable through many many reboots. Though the testing period has been very short. LOL

Hope the new chip gets you sorted because overall I'm delighted with the board and graphics card when the two work as advertised.

Cheers,
    Mac

Thanks, mac.
    Good to hear this should be the end of my bios woes!
    I heard yesterday that it is indeed possible to recover the bios using the flash drive method. Does anyone have any experience with this on the newer boards? The post stating asrock removed recovery was from '06, and clearly there would have been some big changes since then. I would still like to recover my chip now instead of waiting another week for delivery =P
    cheers guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacho56 View Post
    Thanks, mac.
    Good to hear this should be the end of my bios woes!
    I heard yesterday that it is indeed possible to recover the bios using the flash drive method. Does anyone have any experience with this on the newer boards? The post stating asrock removed recovery was from '06, and clearly there would have been some big changes since then. I would still like to recover my chip now instead of waiting another week for delivery =P
    cheers guys.
    The ASRock Extreme 4 downloads site has this info. on DOS method using bootable flash drive. [Hope this link works]
    ASRock > Products > Motherboard > Z77 Extreme4 > Download

I have a utility to make a DOS bootable [FAT32] flash drive called "bootable_USB_drive_HP_223.RAR", from Major Geeks IIRC.
    A search should find it though.

As an aside, given CCracer's issues with CAT 12.4, I'm keeping 12.6 in reserve.
    Most of my probs went away when I upgraded my HD7770C graphics card bios to 'F5' and updated to the latest m/b VGA driver from ASRock.

Stock standard the 'Windows Experience' is 7.8, I'm very happy with that.

If the above link doesn't work go to
    ASRock > Products > Motherboard > Z77 Extreme4 > Download
    And read the Howto on the bios upgrade for DOS

Cheers,
    Mac

Fixed!!
    now so no one else has to go through that, here's what I did.
    throw all the bios files on a bootable thumb drive (cheers mac!) (I think it was the instant flash files that did it, not dos.) and run that in a usb 2.0 port. it cycles through more Dr. debug messages and voila!
    Thanks heaps for the help!

kraijeck is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by kraijeck View Post
    Hi
    I have problem after flash bios from 1.7 to 1.8

After completed , push enter and system restart.......

It just power up and no more, Fan still on, can open DVD , Debug show "00" ?, reset button not work, no signal Video on board (I didn't have Video Card Install)

Before, Flash bios 1.3 to 1.7 success with no problem

i7-2600k

Now after return the board to get a new one, No more problem..... Bios update again? No! thank you.

Fixed!!
    now so no one else has to go through that, here's what I did.
    throw all the bios files on a bootable thumb drive (cheers mac!) (I think it was the instant flash files that did it, not dos.) and run that in a usb 2.0 port. it cycles through more Dr. debug messages and voila!
    Thanks heaps for the help!
    Tacho how long did the process take?? I had the same problem as you and it just sits there with the F2 code. I made the bootable disk put the bios file on it and still nothing. it just sits there and never posts.. did I miss something""

Quote Originally Posted by beaudry79 View Post
    Tacho how long did the process take?? I had the same problem as you and it just sits there with the F2 code. I made the bootable disk put the bios file on it and still nothing. it just sits there and never posts.. did I miss something""
    It didnt take long at all mate, just copied all the extracted files for the 1.8 bios (windows, DOS and instantflash) onto a disk made bootable with the program mac specified earlier, put that into the usb 2.0 port, turned it on, sat there for a sec as it went through F1, then F2, then it cycled through some other errors, restarted by itself, F1 again, and just left it for a few more seconds and the screen started showing the bios installing!

It didnt take long at all mate, just copied all the extracted files for the 1.8 bios (windows, DOS and instantflash) onto a disk made bootable with the program mac specified earlier, put that into the usb 2.0 port, turned it on, sat there for a sec as it went through F1, then F2, then it cycled through some other errors, restarted by itself, F1 again, and just left it for a few more seconds and the screen started showing the bios installing!
    Looks like im not going to have the same luck.... it just sits at F2 and does nothing..

Quote Originally Posted by beaudry79 View Post
    Looks like im not going to have the same luck.... it just sits at F2 and does nothing..
    Well it clearly has the ability to recover, so I would be surprised if you couldn't get the same results. Is the drive formatted to fat 32?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information