Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Is a good thing to disable integrate gpu if I don't use it? And how to do?

Siegfried.m is offline Junior Member

Default Is a good thing to disable integrate gpu if I don't use it? And how to do?

I have an AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 with 3570k. I use a discrete vga, a GTX295. Do you suggest to disable integrated Intel HD4000 if I use the discrete? Just for saving energy and prevent conflicts, I mean. And how can I disable and uninstall it? Only in device manager or there is also some voice in Bios?

Penguinhead is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Is a good thing to disable integrate gpu if I don't use it? And how to do?

Why do want to disable the integ. graphics card, disabling it will not let you use the Lucid Virtu capability of the mobo, I suggest to read more on the manual about lucid virtu this is a great feature of the Asrock mobo.

mirecek1965 is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Is a good thing to disable integrate gpu if I don't use it? And how to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinhead View Post
    Why do want to disable the integ. graphics card, disabling it will not let you use the Lucid Virtu capability of the mobo, I suggest to read more on the manual about lucid virtu this is a great feature of the Asrock mobo.
    Yes, great feature, but only when working. I have installed it, properly set, but cannot run games which is on application list in Virtu. Every game crashed after few second on start. Without Virtu they run OK. I think, this have has a long way to function properly.

Most motherboards with onboard graphics will BSOD if you install a pci-e graph card and drivers without disabling onboard.

The gtx 295 is twice the card as the onboard, go with the card.

Siegfried.m is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mirecek1965 View Post
    Yes, great feature, but only when working. I have installed it, properly set, but cannot run games which is on application list in Virtu. Every game crashed after few second on start. Without Virtu they run OK. I think, this have has a long way to function properly.
    I agree. Frankly, almost all AsRock softwares are a little unstable.

Thread Information