Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: asrock z77 pro4-m won't post

Default asrock z77 pro4-m won't post

the computer turns on, and the fans on the case tower work and also the heat sink fan works. i get nothing on the monitor.

this is my setup:

ASRock Z77 Pro4-M LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...tent-_-text-_-

Antec EarthWatts Green EA-380D Green 380W Continuous power ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL

Intel Core i3-2100 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz LGA 1155 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2000 BX80623I32100
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115078

Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Samsung 830-Series MZ-7PC128B/WW 128GB 2.5" SATA III MLC Internal SSD Single Unit Versn
    Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 830 Series MZ-7PC128B/WW 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

ive checked on asrock.com to see if the RAM is compatible with my motherboard, and it is. the power supply is a 20/24 pin connector. ive plugged that into the 24 pin socket on the motherboard.

is this a defected mobo? please help, im about to throw this build out the window

Penguinhead is offline Junior Member

Default Re: asrock z77 pro4-m won't post

I don't own such mobo, but do you hear any beeping sound emit by the board.
    as initial troubleshoot remove HDD, CD-rom aux. fans to reduce power consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinhead View Post
    I don't own such mobo, but do you hear any beeping sound emit by the board.
    as initial troubleshoot remove HDD, CD-rom aux. fans to reduce power consumption.
    no i don't hear any beeping sound. i haven't even installed my ssd yet or my cd-rom. all i have is the ram,motherboard, and cpu, and nothing is showing up on the monitor.

hey im wondering, do i need both the 24 pin and the 8 pin from the power supply for this mother board to work??? my power supply only has the 20/24 pin.

I'm going to check your mobo, but based on my experience you should.
    I own a Z68mobo, it has 8pin aux power too, but according to the manual I can connect a 4pin if I don't have an 8pin,
    and this works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinhead View Post
    I'm going to check your mobo, but based on my experience you should.
    I own a Z68mobo, it has 8pin aux power too, but according to the manual I can connect a 4pin if I don't have an 8pin,
    and this works for me.
    lmao, i got it working! i thought u only had to connect the 20/24 pin into the motherboard. i didn't know i had the 4 pin! lol, everything is running fine, ty!

just finish downloading your manual hahahaha slow connection

from the manual
    Though this motherboard provides 8-pin ATX 12V power connector, it can still work
    if you adopt a traditional 4-pin ATX 12V power supply. To use the 4-pin ATX power
    supply, please plug your power supply along with Pin 1 and Pin 5.

enjoy your mobo

Quote Originally Posted by asong88 View Post
    lmao, i got it working! i thought u only had to connect the 20/24 pin into the motherboard. i didn't know i had the 4 pin! lol, everything is running fine, ty!
    Thank so much! I been trying to figure out what one of my customers did wrong with his new build and after me been up since last night testing the psu, resitting the cpu, and looking and looking i finally got it to work. Same problem you were having my customer was too. WOW all that time it was only the 4-pin ATX 12V power supply cable..... aaaaahhhh thank you guys sooooo much

Thread Information