Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are exactly drivers for USB3 on case panel?

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: What are exactly drivers for USB3 on case panel?

CRRacer, Thanks for the info, that helps to verify that it's the 500R's USB 3.0 ports that are the problem.

Our case has the direct mother board connection, not the pass-through to the rear panel, for the USB 3.0 ports.

Corsair's Case forum has quite a few posts about problems with the USB 3.0 ports on several of their cases. I have a replacement board for the front panel headers coming from Corsair, so we'll see what happens. I've seen at least one post where the replacement board and cable did not fix the problem, as if there is a defect in it's design or manufacture.

Just curious, what does the cable for the USB 3.0 front panel ports to the mother board on your CM 692 (690 II?) case look like? The 500R's resembles two coaxial cables, like RG59 video cable, terminating in the plug for the mother board.

I have two of the earlier CM 690 II Advanced cases, very nice.

CRRacer is offline Junior Member

I'll have to take a second look at the case cable for the USB 3.0 header and see, but it seems like it was similar to a USB 2.0, only with two cables running to the one USB 3.0 header.

I have a Roswell USB 3.0 card reader in the other USB 2.0 690 II series case, it's cable is similar, but a bit thicker with some texture to it.
    Rod

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ASUS Sabertooth Z77
    i7-2600k i7-2600k
    G-Skill 16GB Ripjaw X DDR3 1866 G-Skill 16GB Sniper DDR3 1866
    Cooler Master 692 II Advanced USB 3.0 Cooler Master 692 II Advanced USB 2.0
    EVGA GTX670FTW Sig2 EVGA 2XGTX560Ti FPB SLI
    Corsair HX850 Silver Plus Cooler Master Silent Pro 850
    Crucial M4 128GB SSD Samsung 830 128GB SSD

i have a coolermaster haf 912 advance case with a duel usb 3 break out box on the front panel that uses the header on my z77 extreme 4. The left port goes all wacky, when i plug any sort of storage device in it it will disconnect and reconnect repeatedly

parsec is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Siegfried.m View Post
    no, for me the working usb 3.0 port recognizes also 2.0 devices. Anyway, thanks for your explanation. So, I think that is useless to ask for another replacement of front panel I/O.

Another thing: the case (at least 550D) is badly constructed. The hole in the rear of I/O panel (that where goes cables when you screw the panel), is too small, and the two usb cables must be unnaturally bent to fit in it.
    Siegfried, I have the replacement front panel assembly from Corsair, and it is working fine for me now. I've only had it for a day so far, but the original one that was in my 500R case never worked. Both USB 3.0 ports work fine, I can have a 3.0 flash drive in each of them at the same time, and everything works as it should.

So Corsair may have had a bad production run of these parts, and the new ones are fine, who knows? I'll let you know if mine goes bad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information