Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock Z77 mini itx POST issues

Unhappy Asrock Z77 mini itx POST issues

Hi all

I'm new to this forum, nice to meet you all.

I am having issue with my Asrock Z77 mini itx mobo. At the very beginning, I had hard time getting it to post; nothing shows on monitor, keyboard lights is off, same goes with mouse. It shows no indication of detecting the mouse, keyboard and monitor. The fan working, i can see ethernet port led lites up. So...I said, no big deal, maybe simple driver update with fix it. BUT!!!..I need it to post, so I'll try reboot, reset, push cmos button, remove battery and rinse and repeat for almost 30 minutes.

So...30+ minuters later....I finally got it to post, I see UEFI and I began to configure settings and to install Windows. I select save and exit in UEFI and mobo restarts.
    Again, no post screen, nothing.....my mouse, keyboard led lights is off. The cpu fan is spinning and ethernet led is turned on. hmmm....be cool, take a deep breath...

Restart PC again, try cmos button again and 30+minutes later..... I GOT TO POST, (THANK YOU PC LORD!) and now I can install Windows 7. After sucessfull installation, the PC reboots successfully and allowed me to install my drivers from Asrock website. Next, i went to update Windows; prompts me to restart PC in order update to be succesful.

And....AGAIN, the CPU fan is spinning, ethernet port led is up. BUT I GET NO POST AGAIN and the led on my keyboard and mouse will not light up; shows not signs of detection.

Any help be great?

Thanks

Default Re: Asrock Z77 mini itx POST issues

Wow, still no anwsers yet huh. hmmm.

I've restarted many time and it seems like it will only post when it wants to. Through trial and error, I got to post, install Win7, update all current driver and the SAME issue occurs.

I even went and bought another PSU and tested it with same existing issues.

This really blows, this is also my first Asrock board. Based on the experience I have in building PC, this one is a PAIN in the u know what. SIGH!

I'm going to give it a few attempt then I'm going to RMA this board. Kinda wish i paid a little extra for better board. Maybe i just got unlucky.

thx

Thread Information