Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: X79 Extreme6

Skirmisher is offline Junior Member

Default X79 Extreme6

Hello,

I have an X79 Extreme6 motherboard with CPU Intel Core i7-3820 BOX 3,60GHz processor and 2 4gb RAM sticks. I have just put these together.

The computer fails to boot and it becomes locked at error 67(on the motherboard). Is there any way to resolve this issue? Could it be caused by an outdated bios on the motherboard?

Thank you,

James Rigby

Default Re: X79 Extreme6

Did you try one memory stick at a time like you should when placing memory into a new board ?

You didn't post what bios version you have so no one can check.

Go to their website and check the CPU for what version BIOS will run on it.

Nevermind, your cpu was set with the first BIOS. P1.10

Your error- 67 is CPU DXE initialization (CPU module specifi c)

Clear cmos, set bios for what sata ports your using and make sure the HDD has been erased, brand new, not formatted but erased.

Formatting is not erasing a HDD.

Only connect the drive you are installing the OS, once installed you can attach any others, also only put on monitor and cd or dvd rom and keyboard.
    Last edited by odiebugs; 07-10-2012 at 09:14 AM.

Hi, I am having exactly this problem: Problem computer build. - YouTube

My bios is 1.10. They said the fix was a new bios.

I dont think the problem is HD or graphics card related...i have removed all but processor board and RAM with same issues as well as trying the RAM in one slot etc.

Check to make sure the CPU is inserted properly, and that none of the CPU or socket pins look bent. Set the CPU in evenly and carefully, and make sure when you apply the heatsink that you tighten 2 of the 4 screws diagonally so that you don't tighten one side too much and cause the CPU to slip out of place.

Also, make sure that any CPU power plugs are plugged into the motherboard. I have the same board as you and I remember needing to plug in a CPU power cable somewhere near the top/left area of the motherboard to supply the power to the CPU.

It's either the board or the CPU though. If ASRock says it's the BIOS then I would definitely suggest talking to them about arranging to have your BIOS updated if the above steps you can do right now don't help.

Quote Originally Posted by SwordOfWar View Post
    Check to make sure the CPU is inserted properly, and that none of the CPU or socket pins look bent. Set the CPU in evenly and carefully, and make sure when you apply the heatsink that you tighten 2 of the 4 screws diagonally so that you don't tighten one side too much and cause the CPU to slip out of place.

Also, make sure that any CPU power plugs are plugged into the motherboard. I have the same board as you and I remember needing to plug in a CPU power cable somewhere near the top/left area of the motherboard to supply the power to the CPU.

It's either the board or the CPU though. If ASRock says it's the BIOS then I would definitely suggest talking to them about arranging to have your BIOS updated if the above steps you can do right now don't help.
    Thank you for the reply, the difficulty is is how to know which is the problem. I cant test them without another board, and the shop I bought it from has ceased trading. So I am Stuck with a board or CPU which is broken and no way to figure out which is which.

You mentioned earlier that ASRock said you need a newer BIOS. What you need to do is order a new BIOS chip from ASRock with the new firmware pre-installed, since you can't update the BIOS chip yourself since it won't boot.

You need to follow up on this to see if it will fix your problem. If you can't return the CPU or board to your retailer, this is your only option besides returning components to the manufacturer, which might not even be really broken if the issue is just the BIOS.
    Last edited by SwordOfWar; 07-18-2012 at 04:15 AM.

Thread Information