Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Asrock Z77 extreme 6 doesn't detect my Sapphire HD 7850 GPU

-AB- is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Asrock Z77 extreme 6 doesn't detect my Sapphire HD 7850 GPU

Quote Originally Posted by Gentletouch View Post
    I have tried rebootiing from windows but in my case the only way my system detects the sapphire card is if I set PCIe2 to Gen1. Whan set to Auto, the system cannot see the card.

Regards
    Try shutting down your system instead of simply rebooting. This has worked for me today also. I turned on my PC, there was no display, so I let it boot into Windows. Once it was at the login screen, I waited for about 2 minutes and shut it down. Then I waited for a few seconds and powered it on again. This time the card was detected and there was display.

I have had another try, no the only way I can get the card working is with the PCIe slot set to Gen1. Incidentally would that create a significant bottle neck? I am getting lots of stuttering and poor frame rates in some old games..

Regards

Seems to be an UEFI detection issue with that specific card.
    Last edited by freddy31; 07-21-2012 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gentletouch View Post
    I have had another try, no the only way I can get the card working is with the PCIe slot set to Gen1. Incidentally would that create a significant bottle neck? I am getting lots of stuttering and poor frame rates in some old games..

Regards
    Did you try just once or more than once? Cause today it didn't work for me the first time. Had to try again.

Also, did you try installing the card in the PCIE4 slot? In my case the card was being detected fine when installed in the PCIE4 slot even when it wasn't being detected in the PCIE2 slot.

And I am not sure if the stuttering and poor frame rates you are experiencing is due to the PCIE link speed. I didn't try any games when the PCIE2 link speed was set to Gen 1.

Quote Originally Posted by freddy31 View Post
    Seems to be an UEFI detection issue with that specific card.
    I just read your first post and your problem seems different, since there are beeps and your system doesn't boot at all while the card is installed. I could be wrong though. Anyway, I hope you remembered to connect the 6 pin PCIE power cable to your graphics card when you installed it. :D

Also, your motherboard has only one PCIE 3.0 slot. It's the one labeled "PCIE1" which is why you only see option to change PCIE1 link speed in BIOS.

Quote Originally Posted by -AB- View Post
    I just read your first post and your problem seems different, since there are beeps and your system doesn't boot at all while the card is installed. I could be wrong though. Anyway, I hope you remembered to connect the 6 pin PCIE power cable to your graphics card when you installed it. :D
    I borrowed a GTX 460 gfx card and this one works fine with the board. The GTX 460 draws more power (2two PCIE 6x power connectors) so it's not an issue with my system or PSU. It's either my HD7850 which is defective or there's a compatibility issue with my Z77 Pro4-M V1.3 and the Sapphire 7850. I'll test my gfx card on a different platform (not z77 based) next weekend at the retailer.

Dear all,

I borrowed Sapphire HD7850 2G GDDR5 VGA card and tested it on Z77 Extreme6 and Z77 Professional.
    The VGA card works at PCI-E 3.0 normally and we do 3Dmark11 test overnight is passed.
    Please refer to below link to check the test result.
    Link: http://download.asrock.com/Z77%20Ext...e%20HD7850.jpg

About this issue, please kindly provide your e-mail address for me via PM.
    I will provide some ways for you to solve this issue.

Thanks for your help!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily

Quote Originally Posted by ASRock TSD - Emily View Post
    Dear all,

I borrowed Sapphire HD7850 2G GDDR5 VGA card and tested it on Z77 Extreme6 and Z77 Professional.
    The VGA card works at PCI-E 3.0 normally and we do 3Dmark11 test overnight is passed.

Thanks for your help!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily
    My graphics card works fine too once it is detected. But problem is, it is not detected if my computer has been powered off for a long time. It is detected if I either set PCIE link speed to Gen 1, or if I boot into Windows, shut down and then turn on my PC again. The second method doesn't always work the first time. For example, today I had to try three times before the graphics card was finally detected.

Also, my default GPU clock and memory clock as reported by GPU-Z doesn't match the card that you are using.

Edit: It seems the BIOS version doesn't match either.

Edit: I have sent you a PM with my email address.
    Last edited by -AB-; 07-25-2012 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ASRock TSD - Emily View Post
    Dear all,

Thanks for your help!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily
    Thank you for your assistance. I must have a faulty model. I have returned it to the shop for service. I think I will try a GTX 670 instead.

@freddy31

Do you still have the card? If yes, try setting your primary graphics adapter to "onboard" in BIOS and then you should be able to boot with the graphics card inserted. After that check System Browser in BIOS to see if the card is being detected.

Quote Originally Posted by -AB- View Post
    @freddy31

Do you still have the card? If yes, try setting your primary graphics adapter to "onboard" in BIOS and then you should be able to boot with the graphics card inserted. After that check System Browser in BIOS to see if the card is being detected.
    The card has gone back for service. I have already tried your suggestion, the card was not detected in System Browser unless the PCIe slot was set to Gen1.

Regards

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information