Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: RAID setup failure/missing?

Lord Odin is offline Junior Member

Default RAID setup failure/missing?

I recently upgraded my BIOS to v2.20 and now my RAID setup (non-OS) isn't working. 2 of the drives are saying that they are non-RAID disks. What is going on and can I fix this?? Need help ASAP!

Default Re: RAID setup failure/missing?

Just to add a little more info, 2 of my 4 drives have shown up as "non-member disks" and in IRST, the status of my volume says Failed. The 2 drives are still present but not part of the volume anymore.

Any takers? Is this something I can fix on my own or is a data recovery place in my future?

parsec is offline Senior Member

You didn't mention the following, so I'll check.

When you updated the BIOS, all your previous BIOS settings were cleared and set to their defaults. That would set your SATA mode to AHCI.

If you didn't set the SATA mode back to RAID, you need to do that. If you're doing that now, hopefully you won't get a BSOD afterwards, since you have run in RAID mode previously. If you did boot into AHCI mode, there is more of a chance you will get a BSOD after changing to RAID again. If you do get a BSOD after changing to RAID mode, reboot and set your SATA mode to AHCI so you can boot the PC, and you'll need to do a Registry tweak to run in RAID mode again.

If this was not the issue, or have a problem, let us know.

After upgrading the BIOS, no, I forgot to set it back to RAID but since my primary hdd was running in AHCI anyway, the system was able to boot just fine. I tried setting it RAID afterwards with no joy.

I did find this article, though:
    HowTo : Recover Intel RAID "Non-Member Disk" Error..

After much searching on various forums, I saw the exact same situation and solution pop up, so I gave it a shot and it worked. I had to set all the drives back to non-member disks, create new partition, run Testdisk, and rewrite the existing partition. It restored all of my previous files.

Thread Information