Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Pro3-M can't boot with 2 x 4GB RAM

jettto is offline Junior Member

Default Pro3-M can't boot with 2 x 4GB RAM

I'm having this issue since 3days now. My computer just can't boot with 2 sticks. It boots with only 1 sticks. My ram is a Kingston and is listed in the RAM supported list of the Pro3-M.

I started having this problem after a week of Bios 2.30. I tried 1 stick instead of 2 and it worked. I then decided to go back to 1.70. But the problem is still there.
    I thought one of the ram had a problem so I tested both of them, but they both worked.

Slot 1 & 2 works, but 3rd and 4th seems not to work.
    Last edited by jettto; 07-19-2012 at 10:31 AM.

Default Re: Pro3-M can't boot with 2 x 4GB RAM

I would say the mother board is the problem.
    Motherboard Name ASRock extream6
    Inteli7-4790k @4.5ghz
    16gig Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9
    SAPPHIRE TRI-X OC 100362-2SR Radeon R9 290

Mouse logitech G602
    windows 7 ultimate
    lg blue ray burner
    Os smsung xp941 256gb
    storage 2 1tb drives 2 500 gig drives
    evga 1300 watt gold
    in win GRone Gray 0.8mm atx full tower case
    cpu heatsink corsair hydro h50
    Logitech THX Z-5300 surround sound system
    LG 27inch monitor

Quote Originally Posted by jettto View Post
    I'm having this issue since 3days now. My computer just can't boot with 2 sticks. It boots with only 1 sticks. My ram is a Kingston and is listed in the RAM supported list of the Pro3-M.

I started having this problem after a week of Bios 2.30. I tried 1 stick instead of 2 and it worked. I then decided to go back to 1.70. But the problem is still there.
    I thought one of the ram had a problem so I tested both of them, but they both worked.

You need to insert DIMMs in same colour slots. (e.g. white slots or blue slots - DO NOT mix)
    That should sort it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by jettto View Post

Read your manual, if you have only two sticks why would you care if the other slots don't work.

There are slots that need to be populated with one stick, two, three, four, you just don't place sticks where you want, there is a reason the manual tells where to place the sticks.

jettto is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by odiebugs View Post
    Read your manual, if you have only two sticks why would you care if the other slots don't work.

There are slots that need to be populated with one stick, two, three, four, you just don't place sticks where you want, there is a reason the manual tells where to place the sticks.

it used to work on slot 2 & 3
    now slot 3 & 4 are defective.
    the problem is that dual channel doesn't work anymore.... because im on slot 1 & 2

Thread Information