Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Z68 Ext 7 Gen 3 Bios problems - please help

Default Re: Z68 Ext 7 Gen 3 Bios problems - please help

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    I think the new BIOS chip with an earlier BIOS version is the best solution.

I get the feeling the the newest UEFI/BIOS versions that have been changed to allow the Intel 6-series chipset boards to work with Ivy Bridge CPUs, screws it up for Sandy Bridge CPUs. You can find posts in other mother board forums where all kinds of weird problems happen when users updated their 6-series chipset boards to UEFI/BIOS that accomodate Ivy Bridge CPUs. I have an ASUS P67 board with an i7-2600K, and I won't touch the newest UEFI versions, at least until they get them right, if possible.

IMO, there are to many features that are different between SB and IB to allow one UEFI to accommodate both CPUs. Such as, IB is compatible with XMP 1.3, where SB is 1.2. Multipliers are different, memory speed capabilities are different, and I just read that IB is not compatible with Vista. Not a big deal for most users, but still seems very strange.

Using an IB CPU in a SB board (6-series chipset) makes no sense. You won't get all the features of the 7-series chipsets (mostly worthless anyway) and SB overclocks better than IB, and at lower temps. If you like to OC as high as possible, stick to SB, since IB hits the wall at ~4.6GHz.
    Hi there,

Thanks for the reply - alot of what you say makes sense.Just wish I could turn the clock back and had not flashed. I will see if I can get Asrock to do anything first
    but if not a new bios it will have to be, as I can not even sell the board on as it is.

Mark

Where is Asrock Emily or someone from Asrock to help with this serious issue - or do they not care!!!!!
    Mark

I sent asrock an email. because they didn't take the time to put in the manual that they changed the memory slot and have removed the top retaining clips to a auto clip.

I received a quick response. I also got a email asking to contact dealer with questions, they don't like being bothered, or they didn't like my sarcasm about not fixing the manual with all its mistakes.

Dear tipes,

Please kindly contact me via PM, I will try to help you solve this issue.

Thanks for your help!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily

Hi emily,

Yes I would very much like your help to solve this - have tried 3 times to pm you to no avail - times out or dissapears??????

Kind regards

Mark(Tipes)

Update:- Asrock have sent me a new 2.3 bios chip to install on the board via Asrock Emily (thank you kindly Emily) I will try this as soon as I am able too and report back.Quick service by Asrock
    well done for that.

Mark
    Last edited by tipes; 08-03-2012 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Update

Hi all,

Asrock Emily - have sent you pm - hope you got it.
    Pleased to tell everybody that Asrock Emily has solved my problem, and did so very quickly - so well done Asrock.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by bissoncurtis View Post
    the version is listed, and I have no clue how to change that. Somewhere in the firmware their must be a cat and config page that holds the version,

Sorry I am not sure what you mean or what you are reffering too here?

Mark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information