Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Help for choosing a professional VGA,

Question Help for choosing a professional VGA,

Hello, I have a computer with asrock z68 pro3 motherboard and an intel core i7 2600 processor,
    I want to use UGS Siemens NX 7.5 for modeling and hard rendering so i need a professional VGA,
    I choose this 3 model and don't know which is the best,

nVidia Quadro 4000
    nVidia Quadro 2000
    ATI FirePro v7900

Whould you help me to choose the best match please?
    If you have any another suggestion feel free to tell me,
    Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by musicjet; 07-24-2012 at 01:00 PM.

Default Re: Help for choosing a professional VGA,

You may want to ask this question in the Siemens forums.

I am assuming they all will work, but higher end versions will do it faster.

-=Mark=-
    ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 i7 2600K 8GB (2 x 4GB) G.Skill 1333 CL9 MSI HD 7750 Corsair TX850 80Plus

GigaByte A75-UD4H AMD A*-3870K 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill 1866 CL8 On-Chip 6550D Antec EA-450 80Plus Platinum

Thanks Mark,
    I asked there but they did not respond yet.
    So you say they will work?
    Would you suggest me the best model please? You recommend nVidia or ATI?
    And one more question, what did you mean about "higher end version will do it faster"? product's produce date or driver version?
    I don't get that so clean :( sorry

You will have to ask at the Siemen forums which is more optimal. Usually the more expensive models are better. usually more shaders. will run fastest.

Take this with a gain of salt as old models may be the same price as newer models, but have fewer shaders and actually be a lot slower.

I'm assuming if your program takes advantage of cuda cores, then you'll want nvidia. Otherwise AMD may be a better choice.

Maybe search their forums and see what others are using.

Again, get a hold of someone on their forums or call the company directly. They will be better able to guide you since you have such a specific purpose for the video card.

Luck
    -=Mark=-
    ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 i7 2600K 8GB (2 x 4GB) G.Skill 1333 CL9 MSI HD 7750 Corsair TX850 80Plus

GigaByte A75-UD4H AMD A*-3870K 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill 1866 CL8 On-Chip 6550D Antec EA-450 80Plus Platinum

Thread Information