Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Intel Removes IRST 11.5.0.1207 Driver From Downloads Due to Issues

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Intel Removes IRST 11.5.0.1207 Driver From Downloads Due to Issues

The Intel IRST driver, version 11.5.0.1207, their latest version of IRST released in July of 2012, has been removed from Intel's driver download pages. Users are reporting issues including BSODs and memory leaks, and incompatibility issues with other software. I used this driver and noticed the memory leak. If you are using this driver you should install an earlier version of it ASAP.

ASRock does not offer this driver on any of their mother board download pages, the latest IRST driver they offer is 11.2.0.1006, which is fine. The bad driver was only available from Intel and some driver download sites, so unless you specifically downloaded and installed IRST 11.5.0.1207 yourself, you very likely do not have it on your PC.

If you did install this driver, do not uninstall it if you have any RAID volumes on your PC. You don't need to uninstall it first regardless, just download an earlier version like 11.2.0.1006, and install it over the other, which works fine and does not compromise anything.

Default Re: Intel Removes IRST 11.5.0.1207 Driver From Downloads Due to Issues

I think that Intel withdrew their "OS Independent" version of the 11.5.0.1207 only! Since the Win7 (32-bit),(64-bit) bit version is still there...as of today 8-4-2012

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...&DownloadType=

I am guessing that maybe the that other versions of windows < Win7 might have issues ... as at the top of the page for the "OS Independent" version it states "previously released"
    ASRock™ Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 Intel™ Core i7-2600K LGA1155 Corsair™ Hydro Series H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler (CWCH100)
    G.SKILL™ Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 Model F3-17000CL11Q-16GBXL (2) ASUS™ ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560 Ti in SLi
    OS Drive: Mushkin™ Chronos Deluxe 120 GB SATA 6.0 Gb/s SSD(MKNSSDCR120GB-DX) Storage: 2-Western Digital™ WD2002FAEX 2TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Hard Drives
    Optical: HP™ Multiformat DVD Writer SATA Model 1260i Plextor™ Blu-ray writer PX-LB950SA Viewsonic™ V3D245 3D LED display @120hz
    PC Power and Cooling™ Silencer Mk II 950W Inwin™ DRAGON RIDER case APC™ BR1500LCD UPS 1500VA w/AVR Win7™ Ultimate 64

Quote Originally Posted by SaphireX View Post
    I think that Intel withdrew their "OS Independent" version of the 11.5.0.1207 only! Since the Win7 (32-bit),(64-bit) bit version is still there...as of today 8-4-2012

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...&DownloadType=

I am guessing that maybe the that other versions of windows < Win7 might have issues ... as at the top of the page for the "OS Independent" version it states "previously released"
    Nope. The issues with this driver have only been reported by people using it in a RAID set-up. The AHCI and RAID driver downloads are identical, but Intel left the drivers available on the AHCI page, since it should work fine for people using it for that set-up.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHeeyyy View Post
    Nope. The issues with this driver have only been reported by people using it in a RAID set-up. The AHCI and RAID driver downloads are identical, but Intel left the drivers available on the AHCI page, since it should work fine for people using it for that set-up.
    What are the issues? I am currently using raid, but have not noticed any serious issues as yet.

I was using it in RAID mode, and noticed the amount of RAM memory being used kept increasing for no reason. I then learned a memory leak was one of the problems this driver has.

Some programs will BSOD due to this driver. I had this happen with the HWiNFO program, which has never done that after years of using it.

The fact that Intel removed it from the download pages of all their boards that support RAID (which is used by the SRT and Rapid Start features too) is enough to tell me that it is just not right.

kpo6969 is offline Member

Anyone ever heard of intel rst 11.5.2.1001 whql that's on Station Drivers?
    GA-Z97X-UD5H rev 1.0 F9f
    i7-4790K
    Trident X 2400C9D-8GTXD
    Asus GTX 970 Strix
    Samsung 850 Pro 256GB Ocz Vector 150 240GB Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Fractal Design R4
    Noctua NH-U14S
    SeaSonic 660XP2
    Creative Extreme Music
    U2412M
    Windows 10 x64 Pro

Interesting, that must be fairly new. It's WHQL, but not official, which is weird. Where do these drivers come from, including the beta IRST drivers, I've never seen them on Intel's web site.

I assume this is another TRIM in RAID 0 driver attempt, or an Internet myth that it is. There's a German forum where several members claim that one or more IRST 11.5 drivers is providing TRIM (actually UNMAP) to RAID 0 volumes when using Windows 7, but I am skeptical about their conclusions.

EDIT: Just read (in a forum post...) that 11.5.2.1001 is the '1207 driver with the memory leak fixed, and TRIM in Windows 8, blah, blah, blah... I wouldn't trust this, until we hear from Intel about TRIM in RAID 0, it's all very questionable.
    Last edited by parsec; 08-12-2012 at 11:08 AM.

Thread Information