Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 USB "detection" problems

Wooze is offline Junior Member

Default ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 USB "detection" problems

I recently bought a Z77 Extreme 4, and so far I like it. The one problem I have though, is that the USB ports won't acknowledge the specs of devices I connect, meaning mouse and keyboard.
    The problems caused by this is that I cannot adjust the settings of my mouse, leaving me with standard 800/1800/2400 DPI settings, aswell as a constantly enabled mouse acceleration.

As I access the control panel > mouse, it simply notes that it's manufactured by Microsoft, which it isn't. The mouse in question is a Razer Imperator 4G, which comes with software meant to
    allow users to access the onboard memory of the mouse, through which one can change the settings of the mouse. As I attempt to access the onboard settings of the mouse, the software
    simply says "No Razer Imperator Connected. Application will close now". My keyboard isn't properly detected either. As I access the control panel > keyboard, it says "Standard keyboard", only it's a Razer Anansi.
    Last edited by Wooze; 08-14-2012 at 02:20 AM.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 USB "detection" problems

Open Windows Device Manager, and check the USB ports, at the bottom of the list.

Do you have the Intel USB 3.0 (yes, 3.0) driver installed, and the Intel Management Engine Components (software) installed?

Have you installed Windows Updates for your OS?

Post Re: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 USB "detection" problems

My OS is fully updated and I currently have both a 32- aswell as 64-bit version of Intel Management Engine Components, neither of which I'm fully aware of the functions of.

As for the USB 3.0 drivers, my Device Management currently includes:
    Intel(R) USB 3.0 Hub
    Intel(R) USB 3.0 Extendable Host unit (Roughly translated endings from Swedish.)

Babdi is offline Junior Member

Did you try after installing fast USB utility
    Speed is the limit

What about the mouse and keyboard software, using the version on the disk in the package, or downloaded from Razer's site?

There seems to be two versions of the Imperator (0n the US site), Imperator, and Imperator 2012. If you have the "4G" version, that is the Imperator 2012.

It seems there is a firmware update for the Imperator, v1.16, as well as a new driver, v2.02, dated March 2012.

The Imperator 2012 has a firmware update, v1.04, April 2012, only for that model. The driver for this model seems to be the same, v2.02.

A firmware update for a mouse? That is wild, but tells me it is important. How do you tell which firmware is on that mouse?

I have tried installing, reinstalling, uninstalling and reinstalling the software and firmware for the mouse (and yes, the right version. I even tried the wrong version just because).
    There is no problem at all when trying it on other computers, all with the same OS as mine.

Are any of those other computers Ivy Bridge CPU/Z77 chipset based? The issue of course is that the devices, mouse and keyboard) are not being recognized.

Have you tried different USB ports? There are both Intel and ASMedia USB chips on this board, is one or the other the problem? Is the USB 3.0 driver causing some problem? Any help from the Razer forums?

Ok so i have a P67 Extreme 4 Gen 3 MB and was having a real problem with my Anansi, the configuration software kept saying it wasnt connected.

I had a lot of contact with Razer support and got pretty much nowhere.

With GW2 coming out soon i decided to reinstall Windows.

It was while doing this that i found the problem:

The Intel Smart Connect!
    When active on the MB and no driver installed the Anansi worked fine, as soon as i installed the driver the error reappeared. Uninstalling the driver had no effect.

To cut a long story shortish, i disabled smart connect in the bios and everything works now as it should.

I have informed Razer about this.

Maybe a similar situation with your problem?

Certainly a similar problem, however the solution was not as easily found. I have yet to find the problem causing my mouse and keyboard to not be recognized as one another.
    The problem is not with the USB ports, the same problem occurs while connected to all of the 4 ports. I've attempted to uninstall the standard driver from Windows, leaving nothing at all, this with no effect at all as the software still wouldn't recognize either of them.

Let's just say Razers support isn't being very helpful either, as their initial response was for me to try installing yet another sofware dependent upon the recogition of an interactable USB-device (Razer Synapse 2.0). Needless to say this had no effect either.

I just ran windows' troubleshoot for the mouse software, and it comes up saying "The Driver for IKBMON_02 is not installed. Install the latest driver for the device." I then click "use this solution" and it begins to attempt solve it by finding the driver. HOWEVER it does not find one, and then says that "The Driver for IMSMON_02 is not installed. Install the latest driver for the device.", I attempt to to use this solution aswell. It then reassures me that these 2 drivers are indeed missing, but that it hasn't fixed it yet:

IKBMON_02 has no driver Not solved
    IMSMON_02 has no driver Not solved

HOW CAN THERE NOT BE AN OPTION IN WINDOWS ALLOWING USERS TO DISABLE MOUSE ACCELERATION?

They were the exact same errors i got as well when troubleshooting the keyboard.

Did you try disabling Smart connect in the Bios?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information