Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bios Update Disaster HELP PLEASE.

Default Re: Bios Update Disaster HELP PLEASE.

Hi there,

Contact Asrock emily via this forum - send her a pm, and I am sure she will sort it out for you. I had to replace my bios chip for similar issues when flashing to latest bios.
    Sadly you cannot go back to earlier bios - but this has all the signs of a bad flash despite it telling you otherwise. Good luck.

Mark

soundesciple is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by tipes View Post
    Hi there,

Contact Asrock emily via this forum - send her a pm, and I am sure she will sort it out for you. I had to replace my bios chip for similar issues when flashing to latest bios.
    Sadly you cannot go back to earlier bios - but this has all the signs of a bad flash despite it telling you otherwise. Good luck.

Mark
    Thanks for that, PM sent.

Can you go back to an earlier bios if you are replacing the chip with an earlier bios on it?
    and not just Flashing the old chip.
    Last edited by soundesciple; 08-19-2012 at 04:04 PM.

Hi there,

Mark
    thanks for that,i didnt know you couldnt flash to prevoius bios's on asrock,to the op you can try reflashing the same bios again,maybe it didnt take fully? i do know that you can pull the bios chip and plug a new one with any bios version you want installed,it will run fine
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by soundesciple View Post
    Thanks for that, PM sent.

Can you go back to an earlier bios if you are replacing the chip with an earlier bios on it?
    and not just Flashing the old chip.
    I am fairly sure you could go back to earlier bios with a replacement chip, but Asrock Emily should be able to send you a working latest bios.Maybe ask her too send you both
    latest and whatever version last worked ok for you.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    thanks for that,i didnt know you couldnt flash to prevoius bios's on asrock,to the op you can try reflashing the same bios again,maybe it didnt take fully? i do know that you can pull the bios chip and plug a new one with any bios version you want installed,it will run fine
    Well it is not actually totally not possible, but involves hacking to make it work afaik. The problem seems to be that you cannot revert too earlier bios because of new microcode in the latest bios
    to support ivybridge cpu which has diiferent method of controlling memory etc. I believe if you get a latest bios coded with microcode for sandybridge chip then all should be well. Hope I have explained ok.

Mark

soundesciple is offline Junior Member

Well it is not actually totally not possible, but involves hacking to make it work afaik. The problem seems to be that you cannot revert too earlier bios because of new microcode in the latest bios
    to support ivybridge cpu which has diiferent method of controlling memory etc. I believe if you get a latest bios coded with microcode for sandybridge chip then all should be well. Hope I have explained ok.

Mark
    So if i understand you correctly and what your saying is true, Anyone updating to v:2.20 that has a S/B CPU in there board will not be able to successfully update there bios because it only has microcode supporting I/B CPU`s.

No wonder a lot of people are having problems when updating there boards. Surely Asrock should put a warning notice on there bios Download page
    explaining this to people wishing to update.

Anyway thanks for that info just waitin for a reply from Asrock Emily now.

Quote Originally Posted by soundesciple View Post
    So if i understand you correctly and what your saying is true, Anyone updating to v:2.20 that has a S/B CPU in there board will not be able to successfully update there bios because it only has microcode supporting I/B CPU`s.

No wonder a lot of people are having problems when updating there boards. Surely Asrock should put a warning notice on there bios Download page

Anyway thanks for that info just waitin for a reply from Asrock Emily now.
    Afaik - yes this is the situation due to different microcode for sandy/ivy chips. Trouble is a lot of people also updated their bios for the new look to it, and hoping for better performance
    and overclocks etc. I suppose the old caveat applies here - if it aint broke, dont fix it. I too got caught by this for not following my own advice. Just wish Asrocks warning on their site had been a bit plainer.
    Also I dont understand why they did not have two versions of the bios for each chip - which would have avoided these issues?????

I am sure Emily will sort it for you though.

Mark

i am curious about this too. let us know what Emily says.

also i want to know if the bios update would fix the issue where you can't have more than two usb 2.0 ports in use during POST for the p67 e4 g3 board without it freezing on the bios splash screen.

I am having a similar issue with d6 error code. I flashed to 3.10 BIOS on my p67 Extreme4 (NOT a Gen3). Now upon boot, I get no image at all from my GTX 470, it doesn't even kick the fan on at max when starting up like normal.

Now, strangely, plugging in an old 3870x2 ATI card makes everything work just fine, I can boot into windows and everything.

Even MORE strange, I can plug my 470 into the main PCI-E slot, plug the 3870x2 into a second slot, hook my monitor up to my 470, and THAT works with everything through my 470 for some reason....

I saw something about Sandy Bridge incompatibility with this 3.10 BIOS, so maybe that's it? I have i7-2600k at the moment.

Anyway, I'm really at a loss here as I can't really have 2 GPUs plugged in as they block all the other PCI ports that I need to use for soundcard and wireless card. Plus, I really don't want to be drawing all that power if I don't have to...so what can I do? =/

Re: Bios Update Disaster HELP PLEASE.
    Originally Posted by tipes

Mark

Anyway thanks for that info just waitin for a reply from Asrock Emily now

I have the same problem any new bios for SB? Please HELP!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information