Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: GSKILL F3-17000CL problem !




  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    12

    Default GSKILL F3-17000CL problem !

    Hey , I try to run my memory at 2133 MHz , on a Asrock Z68 extreme 7 , but I can't go higher than 2000 MHz , I'll try bios 2.1 ; 2.22 beta , and 2.3 , always the same problem , I see that Asrock make a pacht for Z77 extreme 9 , I hope Asrock will do the same for Z68 user, at the beginning , with a I7 2600K , I had no problem to run at 2133 MHz , but now with a I7 3770 K , the maximum I can run is 2000 .

  2. #2
    emil@all is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    romania
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: GSKILL F3-17000CL problem !

    Quote Originally Posted by gti1 View Post
    Hey , I try to run my memory at 2133 MHz , on a Asrock Z68 extreme 7 , but I can't go higher than 2000 MHz , I'll try bios 2.1 ; 2.22 beta , and 2.3 , always the same problem , I see that Asrock make a pacht for Z77 extreme 9 , I hope Asrock will do the same for Z68 user, at the beginning , with a I7 2600K , I had no problem to run at 2133 MHz , but now with a I7 3770 K , the maximum I can run is 2000 .
    I have the same situation with Asrock Fatality Z68 gen 3, after I update the bios (P2.20), my Gskill 2133-1700(F3-17000C11D-8GBXL)x2 won't boot when I set it XMP (Extreme Memory Profile) or I high up manual the frequency at 2133 !!! I can boot only at 1600Mhz.
    before bios update all was ok ! problem is that I can't roll-up the old bios....Perhaps someone help us to find the issue!

  3. #3
    profJim's Avatar
    profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tacoma, WA. [USA]
    Posts
    7,811

    Default Re: GSKILL F3-17000CL problem !


    We can best help you after you create a detailed hardware list in the PC Specs portion of your
    forum profile http://forums.tweaktown.com/profile.php?do=editprofile at the bottom of the
    profile page or in your forum signature http://forums.tweaktown.com/profile....=editsignature.
    Be sure to include brand names and model numbers.
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S
    .


  4. #4
    parsec's Avatar
    parsec is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Third stone from the sun
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: GSKILL F3-17000CL problem !

    Guys, this sounds like the usual issues that can occur when boards designed for Sandy Bridge CPUs (P67, Z68, etc), and used with SB CPUs (i7-2600K, etc), then have their UEFI updated with the changes needed for Ivy Bridge CPUs.

    Sure, we are used to updating to the latest BIOS/UEFI versions, but now we have boards that are compatible with two generations of CPUs, SB and IB. When the SB boards still used with SB CPUs are updated to the IB CPU BIOS, we see issues like you are having.

    What is not made clear by board manufactures, and is apparently assumed the users will know, is using the IB CPU compatible UEFI is NOT what you should do if you still use a SB CPU. This is happening with most if not ALL board manufactures. Even worse, as seen in some ASR SB boards, they then remove all the earlier versions of the UEFI, which only implies that SB CPU support with new UEFI versions has just... ended.

    At this time, all that can be done is asking ASR support for a replacement BIOS chip that has the last, non-IB CPU support version on it. ASR is good about supplying these chips.

    I've never heard of any other UEFI settings that will compensate for the IB UEFI's, and that's all I know about it.

  5. #5
    emil@all is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    romania
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: GSKILL F3-17000CL problem !

    Quote Originally Posted by profJim View Post

    We can best help you after you create a detailed hardware list in the PC Specs
    Be sure to include brand names and model numbers.
    -DONE !


    Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Guys, this sounds like the usual issues that can occur when boards designed for Sandy Bridge CPUs (P67, Z68, etc), and used with SB CPUs (i7-2600K, etc), then have their UEFI updated with the changes needed for Ivy Bridge CPUs.

    Sure, we are used to updating to the latest BIOS/UEFI versions, but now we have boards that are compatible with two generations of CPUs, SB and IB. When the SB boards still used with SB CPUs are updated to the IB CPU BIOS, we see issues like you are having.

    What is not made clear by board manufactures, and is apparently assumed the users will know, is using the IB CPU compatible UEFI is NOT what you should do if you still use a SB CPU. This is happening with most if not ALL board manufactures. Even worse, as seen in some ASR SB boards, they then remove all the earlier versions of the UEFI, which only implies that SB CPU support with new UEFI versions has just... ended.

    At this time, all that can be done is asking ASR support for a replacement BIOS chip that has the last, non-IB CPU support version on it. ASR is good about supplying these chips.

    I've never heard of any other UEFI settings that will compensate for the IB UEFI's, and that's all I know about it.
    1-In my mind was that the new bios will be compatible with the both processors Ivy bridge and Sandy - Bridge - (at least the manufacturer can advise the Sandy-Bridge users before download !!!)
    2-I back-up the older bios versions and tryed to flash after I flash the 2.20 but is not work ! i can't rollup the bios.

    Any way, thank you for your support !

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •