Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Extreme4 Gen3 Z68 LGA1155 and Windows 8

Default Extreme4 Gen3 Z68 LGA1155 and Windows 8

Assembling a new build with the Ext4Gen3 Z68 LGA 1155 mobo in a day or two, thinking of using Windows 8 RTM as the OS - Prox64 version. Anybody tired it, and if so, any issues?

I don't see any Windows 8 specific d/ls on the mobo d/l page, but this may or may not mean anything.

t3kn33k is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Extreme4 Gen3 Z68 LGA1155 and Windows 8

w8rtm works on my z68 fatal1ty pro gen3 but when they brought it to the public it gave us the new blue screen of death which is a gui style with no details of the crash , a plan without the black box , i pinched the drivers from the oc formula z77 for consumer preview but rtm gave me a smooth device manager and with raid no worries but windows would reboot after crashing , plus there is no x to kill the metro window to desktop and is a rushed product from microsoft to meets the demands of the tablets as we are not even in sp2 for win7 , i'd wait for win9 , but if you want to go rtm cool can't wait for your comments

Machine built, Win8 Prox64 installed w/o issue - several reboots - no BSOD. Installing an OS from a USB 3.0 flash drive to 2 Vertex 4x128GB SSD in RAID 0 - SATA 3 ports is one quick process.

I have a TechNet account and installed .iso from there with proper key.

t3kn33k is offline Junior Member

w8 rtm is free to down though a hotmail account is recommended and w8 reconises usb 3 woots

Comrad64 is offline Junior Member

I have the same BSOD fancy Windows 8 Pro Gui version too. I did not have any problems in RTF version When I got the Win8 Pro version i Flashed the bios to 2.20 from 2.10 and added a second SSD card to make it RAID 0 have the reboot issue each day once or twice. I was thinking about flashing back to 2.10.

UPDATE:

One of my SSD drives is now showing an error in the RAID bios. I guess I had a drive going out.
    Last edited by Comrad64; 09-12-2012 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Update:

As posted above, I have installed Windows 8 RTM, 64 bit, on my system - E4G3 mobo. The mobo d/l page doesn't show any Windows 8 drivers, anybody know if/when they might show up?

I am not having any particular issues, just wondering.......

I have another machine with an ASUS P8Z8-V PRO/GEN3 mobo and there are Win8 drivers on their d/l site. I only mention this other brand here because I was led to believe ASRock and ASUS are closely related.

Fast Boot and Secure Boot can now be used with new Z68EX4G3 UEFI

Download: ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 UEFI 2.31a

Thread Information