Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Constant BSODs and crashes after updating the BIOS for P67 Pro3

BloodyRose is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Constant BSODs and crashes after updating the BIOS for P67 Pro3

Quote Originally Posted by Bluzzard View Post
    Thanks for relating your story. I've just been through almost exactly the same experience, and had no luck getting my system stable under 3.10 or 3.20 after upgrading from 2.00. I was alarmed by the POST error messages after flashing back to 2.00, but you've encouraged me to ignore them, stick with 2.00, and finish rebuilding my Win7 install. Did you ever find a way to make 3.20 work?
    No, unfortunately I haven't found a way to do it. Now I'm just afraid to try again as it may force me to reinstall the OS and set everything up all over again. The good news is that, so far, I have yet to experience any issues allegedly caused by the error messages.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Think about it guys, you changed to the 3.20 BIOS, and changed to the required IME software. You then changed back to the 1.80 or 2.00 BIOS, but you still have the IME software needed for 3.20. I would try changing to the previous version of IME, if you can that is...

BloodyRose is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Think about it guys, you changed to the 3.20 BIOS, and changed to the required IME software. You then changed back to the 1.80 or 2.00 BIOS, but you still have the IME software needed for 3.20. I would try changing to the previous version of IME, if you can that is...
    Personally, I don't know how to do it. Googling hasn't helped.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyRose View Post
    No, unfortunately I haven't found a way to do it. Now I'm just afraid to try again as it may force me to reinstall the OS and set everything up all over again. The good news is that, so far, I have yet to experience any issues allegedly caused by the error messages.
    Yeah, I haven't seen any problems despite the two error messages. This is pretty easy to live with, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    I'd love to, but the only ME offered by AsRock is the new (8.0.3.1427) one designed for 3.20. Hmm... Now that I think about it, I could probably downgrade it by installing the one from the CD that came with the motherboard. I'll try that at some point and will report back (unless I'm killed in the resulting explosion).

I don't know what the earlier version of IME that ASR supplied for your board, but this is the version that Intel provides for their own P67 mother boards:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...&DownloadType=

I use drivers direct from Intel for my Intel chipset boards all the time, and they work perfectly. Only the utility software for their own boards won't install on other PCs, and a few other rare exceptions. The installation programs will quit if it is incompatible.

From the Intel IME download page:

Installs the Intel® Management Engine (Intel® ME) version 8.1.0.1248 for Intel® Desktop Boards.

The Intel® ME software components that need to be installed depend on the system's specific hardware and firmware features. The installer detects the system's capabilities and installs the relevant drivers and applications.

If the Intel® Management Engine (Intel® ME) driver has not been successfully installed, you may see an error on a "PCI* Simple Communications Controller" in Device Manager.

Installing the old ME drivers (7.0.something) didn't create any problems, but the error messages didn't go away either. Oh well.

Thanks for your suggestion parsec; I might try upgrading to an Intel-provided 8.x ME at some point.
    Last edited by Bluzzard; 11-27-2012 at 09:54 AM.

Oh well, sorry, I thought that was worth a shot, I can't say I've ever done that, but I've never seen that message either. The dang IME "components" are a bit of a pain, perhaps once you change to a newer version you can't completely clear things up by installing the older version.

Which brings to mind, uninstalling the IME package, rebooting, and then installing the appropriate version. Just a thought, I know of one guy that does not have IME installed at all, and claims all is fine. I know without IME on an Ivy Bridge system, some features do not work, but if you don't have an IB CPU, what do you lose? OTOH, IME has some purpose, which remains fuzzy...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information