Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ASRock X79 Extreme4 PCIE-3.0 Stutter

ksosx86 is offline Junior Member

Default Re: ASRock X79 Extreme4 PCIE-3.0 Stutter

Quote Originally Posted by boondocks View Post
    I don't blame you . I probably got lucky, but I had a pretty big thread on here for a while.
    Yeah, hopefully it won't be on for too long, like I've said I'm really just looking for either of two possible replies from ASRock, something like "no this isn't in our power to address, and this is why etc..." or "yes we can fix this, here's an eta etc..." whichever is fine I just would like an honest, concise answer...

Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    just run it in pci-e2 slot for the time being,you wont se any performance drop,only maybe a few fps in tri sli and super resolutions

as to what the cause is idk,what motherboard memory are you using and tested it for stability? could be bios bug or nvidia driver bug,i know they suffer from microstutter
    My memory's listed in my specs, I've thrown prime, occt, ibt, hyper pi, memtest, and anything else I could think of at it, it is definitely stable. As I've said, the issue only happens when in PCI-E 3.0 mode, not in 2.0
    I'm really leaning towards it being a signal timing issue, as I said earlier. I'm just curious if ASRock applied the latest microcode update yet. I'm running in PCI-E 2.0 for the time being like you said, I agree that the perf diff isn't really noticeable. I don't see the correlation between microstuttering and an issue experienced on the PCI-E controller resulting in the signal training going too quickly causing an unstable signal and signal timing...that's a cpu/mobo issue if you ask me, which is why Intel releases those updates for manufacturers to apply. On a side note, it'd be nice if those BIOS rev "release descriptions" gave a little more in-depth info than "update cpu code..." like what cpu code they updated, or if it was from intel, (the date of the release *if intel code update*)... It's possible ASRock's using the latest updates but I'd still be confused seeing how some users with different motherboards but the same cpu and gpu, don't have this issue in PCI-E 3.0 mode, as in true 3.0 as verified by bios desc, gpu-z, nvcontrol panel, etc, not overclocked 2.0 lanes.
    Last edited by ksosx86; 09-17-2012 at 01:08 PM.
    Intel Core i7-3930K *C2 rev* | 16GB PNY XLR8 DDR3-2133| ASRock X79 Extreme4 | PNY Nvidia GTX 670 2GB | Windows 7 x64, OS X Mountain Lion, Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

ksosx86 is offline Junior Member

Default Re: ASRock X79 Extreme4 PCIE-3.0 Stutter

Update 9/19/2012:

The PCI-E 3.0 issue is strictly related to NVIDIA kepler gpus, current gen3 amd gpus don't conflict with x79/sb-e. By flashing my GTX 670 to Palit's bios, I can now run my video card in Gen3 mode without any problems at all. This is definitely not an ASRock issue/problem. I've attached a copy of the GTX 670 bios that fixes the Gen3 stutters/crashes/blackouts for me. Just make sure and apply the X79/SB-E Gen3 patch found here: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answe...QvaDEzbE45X2s=

Note: I'm using the PNY Geforce GTX 670
    Driver version 306.23
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ksosx86; 09-19-2012 at 07:34 PM.
    Intel Core i7-3930K *C2 rev* | 16GB PNY XLR8 DDR3-2133| ASRock X79 Extreme4 | PNY Nvidia GTX 670 2GB | Windows 7 x64, OS X Mountain Lion, Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information