Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: How can i see if Turbo is working for a 3930K (for cinebench score)

GunnzAkimbo is offline Junior Member

Default How can i see if Turbo is working for a 3930K (for cinebench score)

I seem to get a bit lower score on cinebench than ive seen in the benchmarks.

The highest i can get from tweaking is 9.50.

It should be hitting about 10.10/15/30 something around that area.

Never seen it more than 3300Mhz in the monitoring software.

Is it a bios setting? The CPU section has everything enabled in bios.

I'll test with AIDA64 for throttling later.

Default Re: How can i see if Turbo is working for a 3930K (for cinebench score)

Dear GunnzAkimbo,

If you would like to test Turbo Boost tech, you could use "SP2004" tool to check it.
    You can download the tool on internet.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily

it seems fixed at 3300mhz no matter what is happening according to the intel software.

Max temps during stress is only 55*c

I thought it was supposed to be 3.8Ghz boost, but im not seeing that in any circumstance.

Is it a bios setting?

parsec is offline Senior Member

Turbo is a UEFI/BIOS setting, and should be enabled by default. The standard speed of your CPU is 3.2GHz, with Turbo up to 3.8GHz.

A great free tool to monitor CPU speed and much more is HWiNFO64, which you can download here free:

HWiNFO64 Download

The summary display will show the speed of each core, and is updated quickly so you can see the core speeds go up and down with CPU load. I use this on all my PCs and it works great.

See what this tells you and we'll take it from there.

im using aida64 for hardware monitoring.

no sign of cpu above 3300hmz in the monitoring.

Just seems like Turbo isnt functioning at all.

parsec is offline Senior Member

I think I know what is going on. There are multiple ways to OC a socket 2011 CPU like yours, with the "CPU Ratio Setting" (otherwise known as the Turbo multiplier), and the "CPU straps", which changes the BCLK speed (100MHz) by a fractional multiplier (1.25, etc.) ASRock might do things differently on their several X79 boards, and I found information on a different version than yours.

Since there are multiple ways to OC your CPU, ASR does not simply allow you to enable Turbo, since the result may be an unstable, very high OC. You must use the CPU Ratio setting to get your CPU to the Turbo level, which is a number, not just an on/off setting.

If you have the CPU Ratio setting in your BIOS, set it to 38, your CPUs normal Turbo multiplier. If you have a CPU Strap setting, leave it alone on Auto, or 1.0 if that is an available setting. Some ASR X79 boards seem to have the strap setting set to a higher level by default, and is not adjustable, so a multiplier of 38 with the strap would take you over 4.0GHz, or to a level your CPU and board cannot operate at. If 38 causes problems, set it to 34 and see what the result is.

Socket 2011 CPUs have made setting Turbo more complicated than earlier CPUs, you just need to deal with it.

OK i'll set 34 as the mullti, shouldn't do any harm, then i'll see what happens.

I enabled the 4.0ghz EZ overclocking cpu setup, so now is doing 13.53 so that'll do.
    Seems to keep the cpu at default volts too.

Thread Information