Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PCI card not detected in z77 pro4

Default PCI card not detected in z77 pro4

Hi,

I've just built a new system using ASROCK z77 Pro4 with i7-3770K with 8GB Crucial memory. Seasonic 520W Power supply and stock cooler fan. Running Win7 Pro x64. Everything runs fine but when I transfer my noname IEEE 1394 PCI card from my old machine (where it works fine) to the new, it just doesn't get detected. I've tried all 3 PCI slots but no luck. I have the latest bios (1.5) by the way.

Thanks.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: PCI card not detected in z77 pro4

Does the card have a driver that needs to be installed? Did you clear the BIOS after installing the card? Can you see anything in Device Manager about the card?

Thanks Parsec. No, there are no drivers for the card. It was detected automatically on my WinXP system. There's nothing in the device manager - normally you see unresolved devices if the system doesn't recognise the card. By clear the BIOS do you mean reset the CMOS or return the BIOS to default? Thanks.

parsec is offline Senior Member

I meant reset the CMOS, and set your usual BIOS settings. I don't see how default settings would make a difference, right? PCI should be so basic, there are no settings for it.

This could be a Windows 7 issue, with older hardware I guess. Try finding a Windows "hotfix" for this.

It might be a .inf file is missing, since the device was not installed when you first loaded the chipset .inf files. Try running the "INF driver" installation program again.

Any way that you can test the PCI slots with another card? An old sound or NIC card, just to see if it is detected.

Right. I'll try reseting the CMOS. I've been through the BIOS options and couldn't see anthing obvious. I've already tried another PCI card (a cctv camera card) but that wasn't detected either. In the BIOS (UEFI) there is a system browser and it identifies that the memory slots are filled, as well as which sound ports are connected etc. But it always says the PCI Slots are empty. Hence I think the motherboard isn't detecting them. I'll check out the hotfixes and inf files side as well. Thanks

Reset the CMOS but still no luck. Even tried an older BIOS level (just in case). Next step is to get a new PCI card and see if that gets detected. Thanks for the help.

reallyxxxxxxloud is offline Junior Member

I've just had something similar like this happen on mine. Try looking at this. As I have a Corsair AX 1200 PSU and it has modular type leads... Make sure that the 8 pin plug is in the PSU and the 6+2 is in the GPU. There is one pin missing on the 8 pin plug and this causes havoc if its the wrong way around and wont register.

OK tried everything recommended but no luck. Checked the ATX power connectors and made sure I'm using the 8pin (I have a Seasonic 520W S12II Bronze). Did the CMOS reset numerous times. Even went out and bought a new Firewire card but still the PCI slots don't detect the card. Nothing appears in the device manager. Have no other ideas now so I guess will contact the motherboard supplier tomorrow. Thanks for all your help.

Is anyone successfully using a PCI card with a Z77 and UEFI BIOS?

Thanks.

synack is offline Member

Do you have the second ATX power supply connector installed? (as well as the big 24 pin guy) See around page 36 of your manual. (page 36 of the online PDF).
    It's an 8 pin connector, however if your power supply only has 4 pin connectors, use the one side as indicated in the manual. I think that powers the PCI slots.

Syn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information