Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Z77 Extreme 6 Crashes after Waking up from Sleep

Default Z77 Extreme 6 Crashes after Waking up from Sleep

Brand new ASRock Extreme 6 with the latest bios. Whenever I wake from sleep using mouse or keyboard, Win7 returns immediately to desktop, and 10 seconds later crashes to blue screen. I Have set Suspend to Ram and Deep Sleep in S4-S5 in bios. If I disable Suspend to Ram, the pc appears to sleep but just shuts down the video and starts blinking my power lite. PC actually remains powered up, cpu fan is spinning, etc. Move the mouse and video comes back and power lite stays steady. I would like for true sleep when everything shutdowns but a key press instantly brings it back up. What is going on? Never had a pc that didn't sleep properly.

HELP!

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Z77 Extreme 6 Crashes after Waking up from Sleep

My Z77 EX 4 wakes from Sleep fine. I have Suspend to RAM set to Auto, but Deep Sleep disabled. S3 is the standard Sleep mode, and disabling that gives you S1, as you described. Try the settings I use and see how it goes. Check ready bit should be Enabled.

If you want to see Sleep issues, try a P67 board. Wake fails after fooling with it for a year. Also makes me wonder why Intel created their own version of Windows Hibernate, their Rapid Start feature. Just to save power?
    Last edited by parsec; 10-10-2012 at 01:01 PM.

Thanks for the help. I usually select S3 but can't find where to set in the bios. Deep Sleep has options for S5 or S4-S5. Only place I could find any reference to the power settings.
    Where do I look? HW Monitor doesn't show it. Is there some master setting that defaults to limited options available? New to Intel and Uefi but I usually have no problems in my builds. This has me going around in circles.
    ASRock Extreme6 and 2700 chip overclocks easy to 4.7ghz. Everything else is working 100%. But I want my standby!

parsec is offline Senior Member

Well, on my Z77 EX4 board, the Suspend to RAM setting is in Advanced - ACPI Configuration. There is no "S3" specific setting, as some boards do, as I said set that to Auto. That is what my manual states for OS supported Sleep. Deep Sleep is Disabled, and with those settings Sleep and wake works fine.

Thread Information