Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Trouble setting up USB 3 ports on front panel.

Novuake is offline Junior Member

Default Trouble setting up USB 3 ports on front panel.

Hi guys

I just built a new PC using an Z77 Asrock Extreme4 and Zalman Z11 Plus Chassis but now it is complete but I can not use the front panel USB 3 ports as I do not have the mobo connector(was neither in the chassis package or the mobo package). The cabling on the inside end in 2 USB3 Mail connectors and not in a USB3 mobo connector. I ahve no idea how to go about fixing this as I can not seem to find any sort of separately sold converter.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

synack is offline Member

Default Re: Trouble setting up USB 3 ports on front panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Novuake View Post
    Hi guys

I just built a new PC using an Z77 Asrock Extreme4 and Zalman Z11 Plus Chassis but now it is complete but I can not use the front panel USB 3 ports as I do not have the mobo connector(was neither in the chassis package or the mobo package). The cabling on the inside end in 2 USB3 Mail connectors and not in a USB3 mobo connector. I ahve no idea how to go about fixing this as I can not seem to find any sort of separately sold converter.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
    From what I understand, that case requires you to bring those two cables outside via the slots and connect them into the rear usb 3.0 ports. Did the case come with a slot bracket with 2 small holes w/grommet to pass the cables through?

Syn

parsec is offline Senior Member

This board does not include a cable for a case's USB 3.0 ports, as they are soldered in place within the case. Your Zalman case has the poor USB 3.0 interface, which some cases do.

Lian Li sells an adapter that will plug into the board and allow standard USB 3.0 plugs to be connected.

synack is offline Member

Good call parsec.
    Novuake can also shop around for a "Bitfenix Internal USB3.0 Adapter Cable" But I've never used one, so I cannot vouch for it's performance. but it's the same idea

Syn

Thanks. Forgot to say that Fry's has them.

Quote Originally Posted by synack View Post
    From what I understand, that case requires you to bring those two cables outside via the slots and connect them into the rear usb 3.0 ports. Did the case come with a slot bracket with 2 small holes w/grommet to pass the cables through?

Syn
    Joy you seem to be right. That kinda sucks. Guess I will use it like that in the meantime.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    This board does not include a cable for a case's USB 3.0 ports, as they are soldered in place within the case. Your Zalman case has the poor USB 3.0 interface, which some cases do.

Lian Li sells an adapter that will plug into the board and allow standard USB 3.0 plugs to be connected.
    Thanks!!! I hope I can get a hold of one in South Africa. Impossible to get things so specific here.

That's a shame, and the irony is you are physically closer to where they are made than I am in the USA.

Thread Information