Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: no sound on A785GM-LE mb

oakhilltop is offline Junior Member

Default no sound on A785GM-LE mb

I've installed a new motherboard, and loaded the drivers, but I don't get any sound out on the line out port. That's on windows. I dual boot with linux, and on linux I get sound on the right channel, but none or very limited sound on the left channel. I currently have the header from the front panel disconnected.

I'm looking for things to try, before I just go out and buy a sound card.

Thanks

Default Re: no sound on A785GM-LE mb

I was interrupted as I was posting that.

In the BIOS I have HD Audio set to auto, front panel set to auto, HDMI audio set to enabled.
    I am able to get the right channel at a very low volume on windows by going into the mixer and putting Realtek HD Audio output to 100 and the CD Audio to 100

synack is offline Member

Just to double check, you are connected to the green audio port all the way in?
    Getting audio from one speaker, but not the other and low signal usually means a bad connection, be it a bad cable, wrong port, or just not all the way in.

I'm sure you've double checked that already, but it's worth asking in case you did overlook it.

Sometimes those HD audio boards "auto detect" the speakers attached to them. Maybe the speakers you have are not pulling down the connections enough to detect.
    Do you have another set of speakers to try?

Syn

I have some old Cambridge Soundworks speakers attached. Their volume has to be all the way up to hear anything and then it is crackling. I did try attaching headphones to the port and didn't get anything. I am plugging into the green port, and have plugged/unplugged the speakers a number of times. The front panel has the same issues. I have had a AC97 header attached to the mb and would only get one channel. I disconnected the header while trying to debug the rear connector. A brief history: My previous mb stopped booting, wouldn't post, no beep or nothing. I bought this mb and it ran for a week or two. I know I had trouble with the sound on it, but can't remember if I ever got it to work. Suddenly this mb stopped booting, wouldn't post, no beep or anything. I bought a new power supply and it is booting now. So there is a remote possibility that the bad PS somehow only effected the sound. My wife mostly uses this computer. I may end up getting a cheap sound card or a usb sound card and be done with it. But it keeps bugging me that I can't get it to work. Thanks for the reply.

Thread Information