Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock A55 Pro 3 Dual Graphics Problem

socalx is offline Junior Member

Default Asrock A55 Pro 3 Dual Graphics Problem

So I picked up a A55 pro 3 motherboard and paired it with an A6 processor. I tossed in a 6670 so I could benefit from the dual graphics that this motherboard provides.

The book states that to run dual graphics that the monitor output has to be from the onboard video card. Well, if you force primary video output to onboard in the bios and select dual graphics mode, when you boot windows it hangs on the starting windows logo. I can hear sound after like windows loaded, but the logo is stuck.

I thought this was a bios error at first so I upgraded to the latest 1.30 release. This did not fix the issue. I haven't really tried a lot of trouble shooting.

I do know if I set PCIe to primary and set dual graphics to auto with the monitor output on the PCIe card that I can get into Windows no problem. Also I can open up the AMD Vision and select Dual Graphics mode but the book states it has to be connected to the onboard to get the benefit. My next step would be to disable the dual graphics mode in Windows and reboot, then setting the onboard back to primary but I ran out of time last night. But I don't know if that would fix the issue.

I was wondering if anyone had this problem or knew of a way to fix it?

Thank you.

-Dave

ciprian21 is offline Junior Member

Default Same problem could not fix it !

Hi Socal i got the same problem with my motherboard that i bouth it on discount on black friday.... so after i got this problem i put to hand on my phone and try to contact the supplier they tall me that i showld go back to the shop they will send the motherboard to them and they will see what happend if this can't be fixed i will get my money back.... so i have to wait like 2 weeks until they will see what was the problem... so dont know what to tell you just to wish you good luck and try to do the same thing like ive done ... call them and get the waranty...after i get my motherboard back my server for my cna site works perfectly...
    Last edited by ciprian21; 11-27-2012 at 04:22 PM.

socalx is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Same problem could not fix it !

Thanks for the reply. I will contact them soon and see what they say. I'm glad to know that I am not the only one with this issue.

Thread Information