Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Can't use the firefox the xfast ram

astron is offline Junior Member

Default Can't use the firefox the xfast ram

I've installed the asrock xtreme tuner what is including the xfast ram application.I switched on the firefox cache files,and i've started-applyed.
    The xfast ram successfully made the ram drive,but it is empty.
    I tried reinstall firefox,delete the cache from the default place,and reset pc,but the drive is empty.why?what is the problem?
    my config:i5-3570k cpu

asrock Z75 pro 3 mainboard with 1.5 bios
    corsair ddr3 1600 mhz 3x2gb DDR3 ram
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD
    Samsung HD103SJ HDD
    windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 operating system with latest updates
    Last edited by astron; 10-11-2012 at 11:33 PM.

synack is offline Member

Default Re: Can't use the firefox the xfast ram

Did you try "about:cache" in the address bar to see where firefox thinks it's cache storage is?

the best place i've ever found for firefox cache location instructions is here: How to Change Cache Size and Location in Firefox

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Can't use the firefox the xfast ram

I tried using the RAM drive for the Firefox cache, and it worked for me, and apparently set the cache entry in the Firefox configuration. But Firefox kept failing when I would run it, so I stopped using the RAM drive for its cache.

If you are shutting down the PC, that clears the RAM drive. There is a box on the XFast RAM screen to "Back Up" the RAM drive. You need to enable that to preserve the Firefox cache contents. While it should create the Firefox cache when the PC is started again, it will be empty if you don't back it up. You must run Firefox before anything will be stored in the RAM drive.

What synack wrote may be true, and is worth checking. Since I had problems with it, it may not be working correctly.

Thread Information