Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Z77 extreme 3

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Z77 extreme 3

Sorry to say, yes, new memory. Something from the list will work, otherwise it is just luck if randomly chosen memory works in a board/CPU or not.

helpame is offline Junior Member

alright guys Ive got the next 4 days off and really want to figure this out, my ultimate goal is to put 16 fully functioning gigs of RAM in my computer after reviewing the list of the mobos acceptable RAM i dont have much to choose =[ what other things can I try to tweak with to maybe see if it will see all 16g, because as of now its only running at 1333 instead of the listed 2400 and my bios only lets me choose 1066 of 1333

parsec is offline Senior Member

Being stubborn when fighting a problem can be a good thing. In this case, you're fighting things you don't have any control of, sorry to say.

You don't have much to choose from in the list? Over 200 entries in that list.

I noticed something else I should have mentioned long ago, you have an i7-2600K. They are not known for their ability to OC memory. The Intel spec for your CPU's (I use one too) memory speed is 1066 and 1333, which may explain your BIOS options: ARK | Intel® Core

While that spec is conservative, I highly doubt you would get any memory you could find running at 2400 with your CPU. I use the Samsung green "magic" memory (no longer available... of course) which can OC well and was relatively cheap. The best I can get 16GB of that memory on my i7-2600K PC is 1866.

Your only other option to tweak is the VCCSA Voltage, which is the voltage to the memory controller in your CPU. As with any other CPU related voltage, to much can damage things, in this case the memory controller. Proceed with caution at your own risk.

helpame is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Being stubborn when fighting a problem can be a good thing. In this case, you're fighting things you don't have any control of, sorry to say.

You don't have much to choose from in the list? Over 200 entries in that list.

I noticed something else I should have mentioned long ago, you have an i7-2600K. They are not known for their ability to OC memory. The Intel spec for your CPU's (I use one too) memory speed is 1066 and 1333, which may explain your BIOS options: ARK | Intel® Core

While that spec is conservative, I highly doubt you would get any memory you could find running at 2400 with your CPU. I use the Samsung green "magic" memory (no longer available... of course) which can OC well and was relatively cheap. The best I can get 16GB of that memory on my i7-2600K PC is 1866.

Your only other option to tweak is the VCCSA Voltage, which is the voltage to the memory controller in your CPU. As with any other CPU related voltage, to much can damage things, in this case the memory controller. Proceed with caution at your own risk.
    thanks for the inputs man! ya Wardog was working with me last night and be both noticed that I contacted AsRock because I am missing stuff in my lastest bios. As for the RAM my goal is to get 16 Gigs of ram in my system and as far as there supported RAM there is only a handful that will help me accomplish that but if im over thinking it please let me know i either need 4 sticks of 4gigs 2 sticks of 8 and there supported ram is very slim in that region. Also if anyone is using this mobo and is currently running 16gs on there system that are not on that list please let me know! again thanks to all that have helped!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information