Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Error d0

Exclamation Error d0

Hey guys ,
    I just finish installin' my computer parts together and everything was working fine until i got this error from the DR.Bug or something saying "D0".. and i looked at the manual it said something about my motherboard or cpu? Anyone know how to fix it or what is wrong with it? Thank you.

Default Re: Error d0

bump please help!!

Fadz512 is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Re: Error d0

hey man,
    i am here facing the same problem, i tried to update the bios in my mobo Z77 fatal1ty Professional from 1.30 to 1.50 from my usb flash ... as soon as i clicked on the program my computer just froze and after a while i restarted it and after that i am getting this d0 error on my mobo... help is desperately needed as this is my latest pc bought 2 weeks back :-( btw i tried everything taking everything out from the pc and re-assembling it and still got the same problem ...even changed my ram slots , tried clearing the bios by (clear CMOS button) for 30 secs and after that turning off for 3 hours but nothing, nada, scatch ...please tech guys help me and my bro (ITSNGUYENJ) here as well .Thanks any help here is appreciated

parsec is offline Senior Member

Fadz512, it sounds like your BIOS update failed. It seems you were using the Instant Flash method, correct? Each BIOS update method has it's own BIOS file, you must use the appropriate file and method. The BIOS files must be unzipped first, right?

What program did you click on when the PC froze?

Arrow Re: Error d0

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Fadz512, it sounds like your BIOS update failed. It seems you were using the Instant Flash method, correct? Each BIOS update method has it's own BIOS file, you must use the appropriate file and method. The BIOS files must be unzipped first, right?

What program did you click on when the PC froze?

Yea man i was trying to update the BIOS but was doing it from windows directly (i have windows 8 x64) and i opened the bios updater from asrock's website and after that it froze and isn't working since then i tried everything i.e. drained power ,clear CMOS, changed the ram slots and everything possible...and for you info the BIOS version was 1.50 from 1.30. by the way if i can't fix this at home tomorrow i'll go back to the shop and claim my warranty and if possible change this board -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Fadz512 View Post
    Yea man i was trying to update the BIOS but was doing it from windows directly (i have windows 8 x64) and i opened the bios updater from asrock's website and after that it froze and isn't working since then i tried everything i.e. drained power ,clear CMOS, changed the ram slots and everything possible...and for you info the BIOS version was 1.50 from 1.30. by the way if i can't fix this at home tomorrow i'll go back to the shop and claim my warranty and if possible change this board -_-
    That might be the problem, using the Windows updater with Windows 8. Comparing the number of utilities available for Windows 7 vs Windows 8 for your board, the Windows 8 list is much shorter, only one ASR utility is listed for Win 8, instead of five or six for Windows 7.

I've used Instant Flash, available during POST or in the UEFI, with the UEFI file on a USB flash drive, worked perfectly every time.

Cool Re: Error d0

That might be the problem, using the Windows updater with Windows 8. Comparing the number of utilities available for Windows 7 vs Windows 8 for your board, the Windows 8 list is much shorter, only one ASR utility is listed for Win 8, instead of five or six for Windows 7.

I've used Instant Flash, available during POST or in the UEFI, with the UEFI file on a USB flash drive, worked perfectly every time.

Oh i see yea it might be the problem, but i gave my pc to the service center today , hopefully they'll be able to flash back the bios and fix it.

& yes i saw this why did microsoft even bother to release win 8 if they haven't already made its drivers and utilities and why has asrock claimed that it supports win 8 :-( its such a bummer that i can't use my board's full functionality and its amazing features, now i am seriously thinking to change my mb if asrock or Microsoft doesn't fix this right away.

P.S. Thanks for the help parsec =)) you take care and enjoy. and when i get my board back ill post the result of why did that error occur in the first place. Peace

Sounds good, thanks, hope it works out for you.

IMO, MS has been weird with Win 8. No compatibility checking program for Win 8, like they had for Win 7, etc. It's like they aren't very focused on desktop usage for Win 8... hmm, I wonder why? A not so hidden message in that, IMO. I'm also guessing MS did not help other manufactures with their programs with Windows 8.

Maybe MS has a program in their App store like AXTU? Who needs things like AXTU anyway, you should be on Facebook and Twitter, right?

Talking Re: Error d0

Sounds good, thanks, hope it works out for you.

IMO, MS has been weird with Win 8. No compatibility checking program for Win 8, like they had for Win 7, etc. It's like they aren't very focused on desktop usage for Win 8... hmm, I wonder why? A not so hidden message in that, IMO. I'm also guessing MS did not help other manufactures with their programs with Windows 8.

Maybe MS has a program in their App store like AXTU? Who needs things like AXTU anyway, you should be on Facebook and Twitter, right?

Hey thanks man for your concern buddy
    I received my motherboard and my processor last week and their was slight problem in the PINs of the processor, they were a bit bent and they couldn't touch the processor from the inside basically that's why it was giving me this d0 error, so as it was in warranty they fixed it and sent it over =)
    yea and as for windows 8 i am also thinking that like they aren't even concerned with their desktop/ laptop they're users just focusing on the mobile technology with Nokia or any other brands. BTW many thanks man i really appreciate it.
    God Bless,Take care

Thread Information