Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 BIOS Update to 2.30 -> Black Screen, No Piep,...nothing

Audioslave is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Asrock Z77 Extreme4 BIOS Update to 2.30 -> Black Screen, No Piep,...nothing

Hi.

Today I decided to update the BIOS to 2.30. It was my first update on this Board.
    The whole I have done by "Instant Flash". Until then, everything is ok.
    Then the computer had finished and wanted to restart. After restart...black screen.
    No video-output over CPUs intel 4000 and nvidia gtx580. Not even a peep...

The display on the mainboard shows different codes and then longer "4F", then he starts again and again ...
    My system:
    - i5-3570k
    - 16gb RAM
    - Win7
    - 128GB SSD

Everthing worked fine, till the Update.
    Are there any way to repair them? Or I have to buy a new BIOS-chip?
    And I swear to god, that the power supply was always present!

I hope you will help me. Thanks!
    Audioslave

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 BIOS Update to 2.30 -> Black Screen, No Piep,...nothing

First things to try, turn off the PC, then turn off the power supply and then unplug it from AC power. Wait a minute and reconnect AC power, and turn on the PS. Don't turn on the PC, just press the CLR CMOS button on the rear I/O panel. When you release that button, the PC should start. When the PC starts, wait a second or two, and then press the PC Reset button on your case, near the power button usually. Hopefully you will get video after that.

Only connect the video cable from your GTX 580 to the monitor, do not connect the monitor to the HD4000 video output.

If this first procedure does not work, we can continue.

Thread Information