Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ASRock team, please compile BIOS for ASRock 890FX Deluxe3 with FULL support for AMD FX 8350 Vishera processor

kostarum is offline Junior Member

Default Re: ASRock team, please compile BIOS for ASRock 890FX Deluxe3 with FULL support for AMD FX 8350 Vishera processor

Now I am VERY suprised...NO answer from ASRock team at all.

That's not very nice. Only if we have little older motherboards, that's doesn't mean we are idiots !!!

Please answer me, ASRock support team. I am your long term user and I expect from you, guys, at least to show some respect to end users like me.

Thank you !!!

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: ASRock team, please compile BIOS for ASRock 890FX Deluxe3 with FULL support for AMD FX 8350 Vishera processor

Some ASUS AMD board users are having a similar... discussion. Of course ASUS is the embodiment of evil in their eyes, since they have decided that the BIOS update can allow the new AMD CPUs to be used in the older boards. ASUS has not yet met their... requests.

But syn has mentioned the most important fact, this is not supported by AMD. The implications of that are many:

If/when the board/new CPU pair does not function as expected, and those users are complaining (and have dismissed the caveat of this might not completely work), the board manufacture is left to handle it themselves.

While AMD simply states this combination is not supported, that also means they don't want the board manufactures to do it. There are likely many good reasons why that is the case. Board manufactures that do this may be doing so against the request of AMD. That will create some... friction between AMD and those manufactures, including legal issues.

Expecting the new CPU to function at its best with a chipset that is not compatible is simply a fantasy. Those users will then be mad at AMD, although they have no real reason to be.

Why do people think this is all so simple, a totally new CPU architecture just thrown into a board not designed to accept it besides the physical compatibility of the socket. Now we know why Intel has so many different sockets.

There is NO excuse, if I expect help that's mean that ASRock team should try to help me. If they don't want to publish newest beta BIOS here, publicly, then it's completely OK from them to send me PM with newest BIOS for my board.

I respect ASRock very much and I hope that I will get at least some DECENT answer, soon ! You know, in future, if I am dissapointed, I will buy board of some other manufactor(Asus,MSI,Gigabyte)...

This is completely MY RISK, if AMD FX 8350 don't work, even with newest BIOS, then I will accept defeat. But if working, then I will be very happy man.

synack is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by kostarum View Post
    There is NO excuse, if I expect help that's mean that ASRock team should try to help me. If they don't want to publish newest beta BIOS here, publicly, then it's completely OK from them to send me PM with newest BIOS for my board.

I respect ASRock very much and I hope that I will get at least some DECENT answer, soon ! You know, in future, if I am dissapointed, I will buy board of some other manufactor(Asus,MSI,Gigabyte)...

This is completely MY RISK, if AMD FX 8350 don't work, even with newest BIOS, then I will accept defeat. But if working, then I will be very happy man.
    I would say it's fairly arrogant of you to think that ASRock or anyone will jump to your requests. The board IS NOT designed for that processor. The chipset IS NOT designed for that processor. The BIOS is NOT designed for that processor. Just because you DEMAND it to, does not make it so. Just because they have *almost* the same number of pins, does not make it compatible.

You obviously made a mistake in matching a board with a processor, accept that responsibility. IF and WHEN someone makes a BIOS for it, to get it to work, then awesome you are in luck. If not, feel free to build your own BIOS if you feel it's that simple. I have no issues with you asking if they *could* build one, or ASK for help. But to come on here and DEMAND service or "I will go elsewhere" is just plain uncool.

Syn

I wroted in this way for GOOD reason: I DON'T like when somebody ignore my wishes and, after more then one week, still not answering anything.

If that's a respect, then I am little stupid. At least, ASRock team should answer and say something meaningful and useful...

I'm also waiting for the new bios support the new Vishera processor. Maybe a beta bios. I don't want to buy a new

mainboard.

The 890FX Deluxe3 and the 890FX Deluxe 4 are equal and identical.
    (There are only 2 differences: the deluxe4 has a Cool Heatpipe fanless and the audio controller is Realtek ALC892

Audio Codec instead of VIA VT2020 Audio Codec)

They have the same white AM3 socket.
    The Deluxe4 officialy supports the new FX 8120,8150 processor since bios 1.60. Now the lastest bios is 1.70 (and I'm

sure Asrock forgot to upgrade the cpu support list!!! It's not the first time it happened. I wrote them so they

updated the cpu support list of the Deluxe3 for the phenom ii x4 980.)
    The Deluxe3 supports the new FX processor only with BETA bios L3.03.

FX8150 and FX8350 have the same specs and pins number, but the first one is older and slower than the second one.

So the real problem isn't the white AM3 socket instead the grey AM3+ socket.

The 890 Deluxe3, Deluxe4 and Deluxe 5 are very similar mainboards.

Many times I wrote to the asrock support and I explained my ideas. I received only one response. "Please read the

cpu support list"

I believe ASRock doesn't want to offer the same support for Deluxe 3, 4 and 5 due to commercial reasons instead of

technical problems related to the motherboard.

What do you suggest I can do? Write, write and write again to the ASRock support?

In the past, the same event happened with my old maindboard asus M3A32 MVP Deluxe and the M3A79-T Deluxe and the

M4A79 Deluxe for the release of the bios support phenom ii x6.

This is why now I have an ASRock mainboard instead of an asus one....but if nobody is going to give me an exhaustive

and technical answer about the Deluxe3 can not suport Vishera processor....the next my mainboard will not be ASRock.

synack is offline Member

Deluxe 3 is listed as an AM3 only board. deluxe 4 and 5 are AM3/AM3+ boards.

They may LOOK the same or very similar, but may not BE the same. It may be some other issue other than updating the BIOS like power requirements. Or it could very well be they do not want to support or update the BIOS anymore. Since they haven't released a BIOS update in over 2 years, I wouldn't hold my breath. For how long do you expect them to support legacy boards?

The board never promised to support the newer CPU's and doesn't. While I understand your disappointment, I don't get the persistence.

It doesn't work, it's not supported, move on. Try to RMA it if you like. It'll probably get rejected. Refuse to buy their product if you like. Every motherboard manufacturer has the same policies. If this is your expectation, I firmly believe you will looking for new motherboard manufacturers every time.

Bottom line: You guys have unrealistic expectations. No manufacturer can predict 2 years into the future to ensure their old product will work with newer technology. If it works, lucky you. If not, oh well, you got what you paid for. nothing more, nothing less.

Syn

parsec is offline Senior Member

Syn, good point, and simply a reality. Plus the original Bulldozer 8150 CPU, required the 900 series AMD chipsets. Sorry guys, I don't think this is going anywhere, definitely not for AM3 boards, or likely any other 890 chipset board.

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

Learn from this statement:
    In the past, the same event happened with my old maindboard asus M3A32 MVP Deluxe and the M3A79-T Deluxe and the

M4A79 Deluxe for the release of the bios support phenom ii x6.

This is why now I have an ASRock mainboard instead of an asus one....
    You are free to vote with your wallet and buy from a different manufacturer next time. Guess what ..... when you go with a different brand, the same thing is going to happen all over again. You bought your motherboard, it delivered on the posted features & specifications and you got what you paid for.

Any more sniveling in this thread and I'll lock the thread.
    Flaming is prohibited in the forum so I'll end my post now, before I have to ban myself for making rude and insulting statements.
    Last edited by profJim; 11-14-2012 at 07:21 PM. Reason: spelling
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

synack is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by profJim View Post
    before I have to ban myself for making rude and insulting statements.
    Oh that would be just waay to easy on you ;)

A more suitable punishment would be to unban a few choice users :D

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information