Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ASRock team, please compile BIOS for ASRock 890FX Deluxe3 with FULL support for AMD FX 8350 Vishera processor

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: ASRock team, please compile BIOS for ASRock 890FX Deluxe3 with FULL support for AMD FX 8350 Vishera processor

I aspire to be unbanned...

Default Re: ASRock team, please compile BIOS for ASRock 890FX Deluxe3 with FULL support for AMD FX 8350 Vishera processor

I wrote to ASRock this:

I would like to know when ASRock support team will release a new officiale bios or a beta bios to support the new Vishera processors (FX 8350, FX8320..ecc)
    I saw there is already a beta bios (L3.03) for the FX8150, FX 8120, ecc.

ASRock answer me this:

Dear customer:
    Thanks for contacting ASRock.
    We have tested FX-8150 on BIOS L3.03 and it worked well.
    Please update the BIOS to L3.03 before you change the CPU.
    Thanks!
    All the best,
    ASRock TSD

I'm still wondering...When does ASRock support team release a new officiale bios or a beta bios to support the new Vishera processors?

kostarum is offline Junior Member

Hmmm, I don't know what to say...I am clearly dissapointed with ASRock behavior.

They can, at least, say something, anything. That's the way how to respect customers.

I am still waiting for new beta BIOS, and hoping that Vishera will be supported.

Ladies and gentlemen...

I HAVE THE SOLUTION!!!

I wrote to ASRock again...asking for the release of a new bios for vishera processors and......the answer is....

Dear customer:
    Beta BIOS L3.03 also can support Vishera processors.
    Thanks!
    All the best,
    ASRock TSD

Now I understand.....It was so easy!!!
    In december 2011 when ASRock support team released the bios L3.03, they already knew we were going to need the support for vishera processor, so ASRock already compiled the bios with the new CPU code released 1 years later.
    We already had the bios to support the vishera processor, one year before the release of the vishera processor...and we didn't know!!!

........hahahahahahahahahaha

I really would like to try a fx8350 processor to check if it works... but I don't want wasting my money (200$/), because maybe the bios L3.03 doesn't support that cpu.
    I think I will overclock my phenom ii x4 965 and for future I will buy a new mainboard for the FX8350, why not an ASRock mainboard...because they make me laugh with their reponse.

kostarum is offline Junior Member

Hmmm, but that's not confirmed. Nobody tried that...We only have this "Beta BIOS L3.03 also CAN support Vishera processors" but that's only assumtion.

I wrote again to ASRock support team and the reponse is

Dear customer:
    We also tested FX-8350 on L3.03 and it worked well.
    If any other question, please contact us kindly.
    Thanks!
    All the best,
    ASRock TSD

I don't know what to think! ...maybe the new Vishera processors are really supported!!!

Is there somebody who wants to try?

synack is offline Member

Looks promising. I would ask them when will they be releasing the BIOS from BETA to supported. While BETA is fun and exciting, many people want stability.
    if everything was all sunshine and roses, it wouldn't be in BETA.

What would be enough "proof" for you? ASRock states it will work with the beta BIOS. If someone posts, "Yes, it works", will you believe it?

synack is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    What would be enough "proof" for you? ASRock states it will work with the beta BIOS. If someone posts, "Yes, it works", will you believe it?
    LOL I don't doubt it "works," that's why it looks promising. Would you like to recommend to everyone to run BETA code on a stable system?

Can anyone confirm that particular beta BIOS is stable? Does it break anything else, while fixing this issue? why has that BIOS been in beta for 11 months?
    I don't make a habit of recommending beta as a "fix" to anyone. Want to try it of your own accord? be my guest, but I've covered my ass lol.

Maybe I'm just extra paranoid, but it has always served me well :)

If one report of "it works" is good enough for you, recommend away!

Syn

Oh geez, I didn't realize that beta BIOS for the 890FX board was 11 months old (12/2011)!!!

So that BIOS for the 890FX would supposedly support an '8350, which did not exist in 12/2011. Yet for example, the first BIOS for the 990FX Ex 3 board (the board's first BIOS was in 9/2011) that supports the '8350 was released in 6/2012. How does that make sense?

Doesn't that sound like ASR is saying, regarding the 890 FX, that the beta BIOS is all there will ever be? Then again, the last official BIOS for that 890FX was released in 10/2010. Looks like ASR updated it for Bulldozer, which is good, but that is the end.

My questions would be, does an '8150 work on the 890FX boards? Does it completely work in all areas, and features? That alone would be amazing, given the '8150 was said to require the 900 series chipsets. If I was in this situation, I wouldn't be looking for a magic BIOS to be handed to me, I'd be researching what AMD has to say about the situation.

I can understand the reluctance to believe an '8350 works on the 890FX boards with the beta BIOS. If it was me, I wouldn't trust it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information