Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: ASRock team, please compile BIOS for ASRock 890FX Deluxe3 with FULL support for AMD FX 8350 Vishera processor

Default Re: ASRock team, please compile BIOS for ASRock 890FX Deluxe3 with FULL support for AMD FX 8350 Vishera processor

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    I can understand the reluctance to believe an '8350 works on the 890FX boards with the beta BIOS. If it was me, I wouldn't trust it.
    Same here. 990 chipset for Piledriver and Vishera support.

Plain and simple. Add a new motherboard to your shopping list!
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

GP1 is offline Junior Member

Default Re: ASRock team, please compile BIOS for ASRock 890FX Deluxe3 with FULL support for AMD FX 8350 Vishera processor

@Synack.

I have a 870 series AM3+ board and it does support FX-8350.
    See this thread: 870 Extreme3 R2.0 + FX-8350?

synack is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by GP1 View Post
    @Synack.

I have a 870 series AM3+ board and it does support FX-8350.
    See this thread: 870 Extreme3 R2.0 + FX-8350?
    That doesn’t surprise me at all. That's an am3+ board, and all that would be required is bios support for it.
    The OP has an am3 board and is mad that it won't support a am3+ cpu...

kostarum is offline Junior Member

And, had somebody actually tried Vishera 8350 on this board, or not ?

It would be very nice if somebody can do this, just to be sure if 8350 working on ASRock 890FX Deluxe3 or not.

Personally, I don't believe in emty words from ASRock technical support team, that's why I asking this.

Please.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Yes, would someone buy an 8350 and try it on this board so they can tell me if it works or not.

I don't believe the manufacture's representative, but a random person on the Internet is sure to know better. When they say it works, I'll ask them a few times more, and if they say yes it does, I'll believe it. If they say it doesn't work, I'll be mad at ASR, and won't buy an 8350.

That way, if it doesn't, I won't be stuck with a CPU that does not work with my old board, which is very nice.

You may be stuck with that 8350, but so what.

Please.

But ...... That's not nice.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

synack is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Yes, would someone buy an 8350 and try it on this board so they can tell me if it works or not.

I don't believe the manufacture's representative, but a random person on the Internet is sure to know better. When they say it works, I'll ask them a few times more, and if they say yes it does, I'll believe it. If they say it doesn't work, I'll be mad at ASR, and won't buy an 8350.

That way, if it doesn't, I won't be stuck with a CPU that does not work with my old board, which is very nice.

You may be stuck with that 8350, but so what.

Please.
    Oh the sarcasm.. lol.. But you are very right, there are too many opinions here. In fact I was a bit reluctant to even come back in this thread, honestly it tires and irritates me.
    ASRock needs to say it's supported or else it's not.. case closed, done, fini.

I'm all for hacking and tweaking and getting my computer equipment doing this and that, way out of it's designed specification. I find that fun. But if it doesn't work or i break something, IT'S MY FAULT. Not the manufacturer, not some random anonymous voice on the internet... Mine all mine.

All these people in this thread and others who slam any manufacturer for "not supporting" stuff that was never originally intended to work, frankly irritate me.

Does it work on a similar competing board? maybe... is it relevent? buy THAT board, lol. next time it might or might not. It was probably shear luck for the manufacturer that it worked, or they wanted to extend the sales life of that particular board a little longer. BELIEVE ME when I say that they didn't make the board compatible with the newer processors out of the kindness of their heart. It was a business decision that worked for THEM. they probably had a warehouse full of them and needed to sell them off.

You don't like how asrock is handling this? move on to another manufacturer. Just know this, i've been in the computer business for over 20 years, and this happens with every manufacturer, so you'll be disappointed with someone else too eventually.

it all sums up to "Be happy with what you have purchased. Tweak it if YOU like, Try things if YOU like, but it's nobody else's responsibility but your own. If you don't like what you have, get something else."

(note: none of this was directed at you parsec, i know you understand all this perfectly. I replied to your post as it simply hit on a very valid point)

Sigh.. i really hope this thread dies now... lol

Syn

I want to know DIRECT answer from ASRock about this question...and I hope that ASRock team will be honest to say things VERY HONEST, and not only bla bla bla...

I live in Germany, which is very strict country. And, as customer, I have right to be informed, and not to be fooled...

synack is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by kostarum View Post
    I want to know DIRECT answer from ASRock about this question...and I hope that ASRock team will be honest to say things VERY HONEST, and not only bla bla bla...

I live in Germany, which is very strict country. And, as customer, I have right to be informed, and not to be fooled...
    How did they fool you? The direct answer is NO support until they say "supported." Would you like a list of everything that board don't support? c'mon! lets not be silly now.
    Actually the list is pretty easy to make...
    1) take the model number of the processor you have at hand or wish to use.
    2) compare to "CPU support list" here
    3) if model number matches, CPU is compatible. If it does not match, it is not compatible.
    There! Your right to be informed BY ASRock is resolved. lol

You are not looking to be informed anyway, you just don't like what you have read.

They were not dishonest in any way. They never said "supported" and pulled it away. they never indicated they would have an upcoming release. You're just making stuff up now.

The beta bios is a good indication they looking into support, and that it might work. try it, if the risk is acceptable to you. but they made no claims when you bought the board and are not obligated to make it work in the way you want it to.

Ok, maybe you are right and maybe I am expecting too much here. But I really would like from ASRock to be more OPENED and to cooperate with us, USERS, better and more visible.

I want to know what is actual condition with BETA BIOS support and if somebody had already tried Vishera 8350 processor on this board.

Please, that's not hard question for ASRock team, they FOR SURE have at least 5 Vishera 8350 processors. Why don't simply they try FX 8350 on this board ?

I don't want to risk and put 8350 into my board, because that's worth alot of money. I just want to be 100 % sure.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information