Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Help with a Asrock Z77 Formula OC

Default Help with a Asrock Z77 Formula OC

I need somehelp before I buy this motherboard. I want to water cool it and can not find anywhere what size are the fittings or the barbs are on the motherboard and if you can remove them and put your own in place. OR could someone tell me what size tubing will fit on these barbs. I am wanting to order everything i need and a little more but need to know this information so i can water cool my system. i have looked and can not find the answer to this any where so could someone please help me????

Default Re: Help with a Asrock Z77 Formula OC

i have looked around too i found out not sure if it is true some say that it is ID 10mm

synack is offline Member

yes, it's 10mm might be 9 actually. they are smaller than normal and the tube does not sit very tight. I would go with 3/8 ID if you can (which is about 9.5mm)

having said that, I'm on water with 10mm ID koolance tubing and clips.. the clips are pretty loose but no leaks so far.

No you cannot remove the barbs. it was brought up to Nick Shih, and he said he'll fix that for the "next board"

Syn
    Last edited by synack; 10-27-2012 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by synack View Post
    yes, it's 10mm might be 9 actually. they are smaller than normal and the tube does not sit very tight. I would go with 3/8 ID if you can (which is about 9.5mm)

having said that, I'm on water with 10mm ID with koolance tubing and clips.. the clips are pretty loose but no leaks so far.

No you cannot remove the barbs. it was brought up to Nick Shih, and he said he'll fix that for the "next board"

Syn
    do you recommend to be save and clamp down the barb just in case if the water pressure get to high and the hoes may come lose? or is it pretty much
    save?

synack is offline Member

I'm not running a lot of pressure, so I'm not personally worrying about it (I'm experienced with this sort of thing, so I feel I can make a qualified judgement in my case). But I would recommend some sort of clamp, I wouldn't even try to guess how much pressure would be too much.

It IS loose enough that it *could* come off with pressure.

There, that is my formal warning lol.

Thread Information